Thread: Noodler's Akhmatova

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,283 Posts

Default Noodler's Akhmatova

Noodler's Akhmatova

Named after the great the Russian poetess, Anna Akhmatova. Famous and beloved before the Revolution hounded after, until death of Stalin.
    On a trip to Paris, she befriended an unknown and impoverished Modigliani, who drew her several times.

She was famous for her signature shawl, even in the height of poverty, she managed to stay regal...

The ink harbours a deep melancholy, recalling that of coniferous forests in the deep of winter under a grey day. It reflect well Akhmatova's soul.
    s
    For the sake of this review, I have cropped pages, to give a hint of the dynamic of this ink and not my musings....
    Chroma
    Akhmatova.jpeg

Comparison:
    Akhmatova - swab.jpg
    This is one of the best, if not the best eternal ink I have ever tried. The ink is so will lubricated that beckons you not to force the nib but let the pen glide. I could by this ink for the tactility of it. Ink is eternal/ bullet proof/ fluorescent.
    The shading is best experienced on white and bright paper. Dry time is super fast. Cleaning nothing was left.

Water test:
    Noodler's Akhmatova - water Mnemosyne 1.jpegAkhmatova - water after.jpeg

On Hilory one of the most absorbent papers I know:
    Noodler's Akhmatova - Hillroy.jpegAkhmatova - Hillory - back.jpeg

On Peter Pauper Paper (Thick absorbent paper)
    Akhmatova - Pauper copy.jpeg

On Hammermill Multipurpose Paper 20 lb
    Noodler's Akhmatova - Hammermill.jpeg

On Midori
    Noodler's Akhmatova - Midori .jpeg

The ink is so smooth that I wrote a whole page with a reverse Lamy broad....
    Noodler's Akhmatova - Midori Reverse copy.jpeg

The rest follows.....
    Last edited by Yazeh; July 15th, 2021 at 02:05 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

BayesianPrior (July 15th, 2021), BlkWhiteFilmPix (July 15th, 2021), Brilliant Bill (July 15th, 2021), Chrissy (July 16th, 2021), DrPenfection (July 23rd, 2021), INeedAFinancialAdvisor (July 15th, 2021), Jon Szanto (July 15th, 2021), junglejim (July 15th, 2021), mizgeorge (July 15th, 2021), Scrawler (August 1st, 2021), TSherbs (July 19th, 2021)