Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
My friend Greg Nagan wrote a blog post on this subject yesterday. Actually, it's about "(a) project at the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics has been looking into the polarization of American culture and politics in the hopes of finding an antidote" and cites the results of a poll (which findings might or might not be properly substantiated but are interesting nevertheless -- and alarming if true).

https://www.amerikansketilstande.dk/...ican-bogeymen/

Greg concludes, for those not interested in following links, that the political divide won't be mended by the political machinery (including media) but by individuals who overcome the relentless messaging from the "machine." (That's totally my quick and careless paraphrasing, btw. Łapa wants to go out. Biedna Łapa!)
Similar polarization data as the paper referred to in the video, and linked in the OP. A lot of it would be solved with a correction of Federal power more in line with the Constitution. It was never intended to be this large, powerful (and not to mention wasteful or corrupt). We talk about "sanctuary" cities or states, and these ideas are usually initiated by liberals (although conservatives use the tactic now too). That's precisely the point of State's rights (10th Amendment). Want recreational weed? State voters approve? Sorry, the FDA says it's a schedule I drug and you can't do that. An executive bureaucracy outlawed a thing through a "rule", and the federal government will claim that power in the supremacy clause trumps the 10th Amendment.

So everyone fights over power wielded by a President and Federal government for all sorts of reasons, and we surprisingly get polarization over time. If that power is restored to the States, the national fights we have now would be unimportant.