Thread: Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 698 Posts

Thumbs up Musings on the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar

I thought it might be nice to have a place for anyone who chooses to post their thoughts about the 2021 Diamine Inkvent Calendar inks by each day.

While I received my Inkvent Calendar over a month ago, I have chosen to enjoy the festivity of season and only open the designated ink each day until December 25th.

The Day 1 ink, which I opened this morning, is called Seize the Night. It is classified as a "Standard" ink. I loaded it into a pen that is similar in color - my Leonardo Momento Zero in Red Marble.

It is a very interesting wine/purple colored ink. With the lovely gold sheen, it makes the ink look somewhat brownish.

These are photos taken in natural light.

IMG_7105 1800 TR.jpg
    Paper: 52 gsm Tomoe River
    Pen: Leonardo Momento Zero Red Marble with 1.1 stub nib

IMG_7106 1800 TR.jpg
    Paper: 52 gsm Tomoe River

The ink itself is fairly wet and has a slightly lubricated feel. Writing on both Tomoe River and Fabriano paper was very smooth, whereas writing on the Rhodia paper felt slightly sluggish.

IMG_7103 1800 fabriano.jpg
    Paper: Fabriano Ecoqua notebook paper
    Pens: Leonardo Momento Zero Red Marble with 1.1 stub nib
    Lamy Al-Star with Fine nib

There is a very nice gold sheen to this ink. While it does turn the ink more brown, the gold sheen is evident on all papers. The sheen is even evident on cheap copy paper.

IMG_7104 1800 fabriano.jpg
    Paper: Fabriano Ecoqua notebook paper

Drying time was reasonably quick on Fabriano paper and Rhodia, but, as expected, it took longer on the Tomoe River paper.

IMG_7102 1800 Rhodia.jpg
    Paper: Rhodia Dot Pad

I think this ink looks best on the ivory/off-white papers (TR and Fabriano), but the purple tone is more evident on the whiter Rhodia paper. I like it best on 52gsm Tomoe River paper (Nanami Seven Seas Notebook). The ink shows a definite haloing effect with the dark edges to the letters. Also, the ink shades really nicely on all the papers, but especially TR. There is no evidence of bleeding on TR paper, but the ink does bleed slightly on Fabriano and Rhodia.

Overall, I am enjoying this ink. While it is not necessarily an ink I would have sought to purchase, it is a lovely ink to try out.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (December 2nd, 2021), Chrissy (December 2nd, 2021), damfino (December 3rd, 2021), Detman101 (December 6th, 2021), junglejim (December 2nd, 2021), Pterodactylus (December 14th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (December 2nd, 2021), Yazeh (December 1st, 2021)