Hi,

I have a Visconti Homo Sapiens Chiantishire pen that I failed to take care of. It had Visconti Red ink and stayed in my pen case a little too long. It seems like some ink seeped in between the resin and the metal piece that holds the piston rod. what you see as a "solid red band of ink stain" should have been a metal part and the feathering extends beyond that. I tried to clean but was not successful. Following is what I have tried:

1. Rinse with DI water
  2. Rinsed with and soaked in DI water. Overnight, then, up to 120 hours at room temperature
  3. Flushed with homemade pen flush (10% ammonia in DI water, with a couple of drops of dish soap)
  4. Rinsed with and soaked in the homemade pen flush overnight at room temperature

After all these steps, when I ink with a Sailor Manyo yellow ink, I can tell that there is a slight tint of red that passes to the ink (I had a control sample of another Visconti with the exact same nib with the same ink).

At this point, I can think of only a couple of other things. (i) Rinse with DI water and/or homemade flush at higher temperature, (ii) clean with an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. My question to experienced folks: Are these things risk the pen unnecessarily? Are there other things that I can try.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
-per

P.S. This is one of my early posts. Preview showed the attached picture pretty large and I can't figure out how to make it smaller. If that annoyed you, please be kind

IMG_0343.jpg