Thread: How Useful is the Visconti Travelling Inkwell?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default How Useful is the Visconti Travelling Inkwell?

I have two Visconti travelling inkwells. (Vendor photos here: https://www.gouletpens.com/products/...veling-inkwell.) I find them expensive and less practical than a bottle of ink.

The inkwells come with a glass syringe for filling. There is a long story for each of my syringes, ending in the syringes being broken. The loss of a syringe can be overcome, as any syringe can be used to fill the inkwell. So far, two black marks (cost and risk of broken syringes) against the inkwells.

The stopper for opening the older of the two inkwells is rounded, making opening difficult. It looks nice, though. The newer inkwell has a flat stopper, making it less difficult (I wouldn't say easy) to open. Filling a pen from the inkwell is a bit of an art, I would almost call it a parlor trick. One more black mark, then, for difficulty of use.

I have found that a bottle of ink properly packed for travelling is not at risk of breaking, holds more ink than the Visconti inkwell, and is easier to use.

I would be interested to hear others' views about the traveling inkwell.
    Last edited by Niner; May 27th, 2022 at 12:17 PM. Reason: clarity