Thread: High-end wooden pencils

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,444 Times in 2,523 Posts

Default High-end wooden pencils

I thought spending $25 for a box of a dozen wooden pencils was bordering on the absurd. I allowed myself to be swayed while trading vintage pens at an event at Bertram's Inkwell months ago, and bought them from Bert's store.

What was all the hype about? I'm not a pencil collector, so what did I think I was doing? Well, after using them for about five months, I am convinced.

The Ticonderoga pencils in the kitchen continue to suffer graphite falling apart after sharpening, and sometimes the graphite isn't even centered causing one side of the point to be wood. I don't remember these kind of defects in the past, so quality has declined. But these Blackwing pencils are consistent and reliable, and last and last. I still find it hard to justify the price, because isn't that what all pencils should deliver for half that price? But the alternative is too annoying.

The erasers are cool. When worn short, you pull them out for more rubber.

Anyway, I won't have to buy pencils for a long time if these Blackwings continue to deliver.

Time for the sharpener:
    IMG_4954.jpg
    Last edited by FredRydr; June 2nd, 2022 at 10:16 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (July 20th, 2022), AzJon (June 3rd, 2022), BlkWhiteFilmPix (June 3rd, 2022), bunnspecial (June 2nd, 2022), catbert (June 3rd, 2022), Chrissy (June 2nd, 2022), CrayonAngelss (June 2nd, 2022), Cyril (June 12th, 2022), eachan (June 2nd, 2022), Jon Szanto (June 2nd, 2022), mizgeorge (June 2nd, 2022), Sailor Kenshin (June 3rd, 2022), Yazeh (June 2nd, 2022)