Thread: I bought a used Meisterstück No 149 and need your help!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default I bought a used Meisterstück No 149 and need your help!!

Hello! I am brand new to Fountain Pens. Brand new. As in, I have been researching for a few weeks and bought my first today. Since we couldn’t find anything nice locally, I’ll be placing an order, but we bought some Pilot Varsity pens just to write with to see if my daughters (7,14) and I would appreciate the fountain pens in the way I feel we would. Well, while shopping at goodwill today for a glass bowl to make a terrarium in, I checked the case at the front of the store. I found a Mont Blanc Meisterstück no 149 in the presentation box with original warranty card and guarantee booklet. dates printed in the paperwork say 10/88 (I’d assume this is a date and not a code to something else)

After a bit of research I see that the rod Is broken. I’ve read this is a challenge to repair, and I’ve read I should send it in for around $100 or so. Of course these are all old forum posts I’ve found, so I’ve no clue what the repair would actually cost.

My question is this, is this pen worth repairing and at what price point is it no longer a good deal. I paid $9.99 for the pen. I know it’s a Grail Pen to some so when I saw it I knew I had to own it. At $10 it’s worth owning just to own. But, I’d love to get this pen back to its former glory. And the marks on it that show it’s been used, dropped, and loved for years, really add character that I love. Is it worth anything in this condition? I have no clue. But I sure like it so far. Even in its current state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zero138; June 19th, 2022 at 09:41 PM.