Hi,

For those of you who have a 149 with a broad nib, does that nib have a sweet spot? Is it finicky about writing position?

I've got a Montblanc 149, Rose Gold, with a broad nib I received about six weeks ago. I filled it with Montblanc Le Petit Prince Rose Burgundy ink. It wrote a wide line vertically and very narrow horizontally and was moderately wet. After writing out the nib saturation it started skipping on up strokes and left to right strokes and would not make dots for punctuation. I looked at it with a 20x loop and saw baby's bottom. I tried Montblanc Midnight Blue ink and had the same result.

I sent it in for repair and got it back yesterday. The nib looks like it is new with the same grind as the first minus the baby's bottom. The tine gap is prominent to the tip and the flow is heavier that before. But the same problem appears after writing out the nib saturation from filling: it skips on up strokes and left to right strokes and won't make dots.

I've tried different writing angles and some help for a little while but the skipping returns.

So again, for those of you with this nib, do they have a sweet spot I need to find, are they this finicky?

Thanks,
Rick