Thread: My day the the MB boutique

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default My day the the MB boutique

Had a very pleasant time at the boutique. I was served water and 3 out of 4 people working knew my name and greeted me by name when I walked in...LOL

I went in to pick up my Heritage edition pen and the process could not have been better. Kind courteous treatment at every turn. 2 of the staff were very interested in a couple of vintage MBs I have recently acquired. Both are fountain pen users and the tried out the pens and made the appropriate noises.

So I sat down with a nice glass of water and a staff person explained all of the features of the heritage. Since I came to pick it up there was no danger of leaving without it, but I appreciated the gesture anyway. The pen is very interesting. It has a comforting weight to it and is exceptionally balanced. I liked the pictures showing its simplicity and quiet style but holding it is a different matter. The deep black barrel gleams and the clip is a great accent. The nib, I was told, is a brand new design. It has a very nice amount of spring without overly spreading the times. This gives the nib a very soft feel. I also noted that STOD was engrave on the nib. I also like the fact the nib is a white gold color instead of yellow which imho would clash horribly with the rest of the pen. The size of the pen is deceptive. When capped the nib has to be retracted so the pen is a nice compact size. When capped to pen is 4 3/4 inches. However, when uncapped and the nib extended the pen is 5 inches. I was not sure about the emblem on the cap when I saw the first pictures of this pen. However, in person, this emblem has a subtle sheen that complements the simple beauty of the rest of the pen. Overall, I am very happy with this pen.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to orfew For This Useful Post:

00Photo (April 14th, 2014), Aleks (April 15th, 2014), Bogon07 (June 2nd, 2014), Crazyorange (April 14th, 2014), Fawkes (August 26th, 2013), jackwebb (April 14th, 2014), KrazyIvan (August 26th, 2013), Marsilius (July 19th, 2014), Mesu (November 2nd, 2014), trhall (April 14th, 2014)