Thread: I'm in the wrong business!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Default Re: I'm in the wrong business!

Agreed, I'd love to see reviews of more accessible pens (seems all the new pen announcements recently have been ludicrously expensive), more reviews and articles about antique pens, ink, etc. find someone to write handwriting practice articles, how tos... I'd happily write bits about old Pelikan and Montblancs, about how to hunt them. I'm sure others would to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

Sthsenior (November 2nd, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Agreed, I'd love to see reviews of more accessible pens (seems all the new pen announcements recently have been ludicrously expensive), more reviews and articles about antique pens, ink, etc. find someone to write handwriting practice articles, how tos... I'm sure others would to.
    I agree with every word of this, and can think of a few articles I'd be interested in contributing too.

Thanks

Agreed, I'd love to see reviews of more accessible pens (seems all the new pen announcements recently have been ludicrously expensive), more reviews and articles about antique pens, ink, etc. find someone to write handwriting practice articles, how tos... I'd happily write bits about old Pelikan and Montblancs, about how to hunt them. I'm sure others would to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Anyone who wants to submit articles for the front page is more than welcome to contact me at dan at fpgeeks dot com.

What's more "accessible" for you? Realize this varies from person to person as budget permits and we try to cover a range of price classes. For instance, our last 6 Awesome Reviews span a range of $200-$700 and our last 6 Hands-on reviews range from $15 to $660.

Also, there's nothing we can do about the "ludicrously expensive" pen announcements. Our main focus for the site is to share new products, regardless of the price. If you know of new pens with a low price tag that have been released and we haven't covered, feel free to drop us a link.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

Sthsenior (November 2nd, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Anyone who wants to submit articles for the front page is more than welcome to contact me at dan at fpgeeks dot com.

What's more "accessible" for you? Realize this varies from person to person as budget permits and we try to cover a range of price classes. For instance, our last 6 Awesome Reviews span a range of $200-$700 and our last 6 Hands-on reviews range from $15 to $660.

Also, there's nothing we can do about the "ludicrously expensive" pen announcements. Our main focus for the site is to share new products, regardless of the price. If you know of new pens with a low price tag that have been released and we haven't covered, feel free to drop us a link.
    Dan, do you have a wish list or queue people could work from? I know you are busy with the new little one, I just had my third three weeks ago, and people would love to help. Knowing that FPGs is your baby though if you have an idea of where or what I'm sure people can help fill in some gaps that you actually want filled.

I agree that the vintage thing would be hard. Based on a question I asked in the forum though I could see a bit of a series on vintage fountain pens that might work. For instance, anyone with at least 10 of a vintage pen (i'm assuming we are in the affordable range where I've actually seen people have 10 Parker Vacumatics for example) could do a post on the pen that is more of an overview describing different aspects of the pens, price ranges, troubleshooting, etc. My personal request in the forums was for an eBay buyers guide for people getting into vintage pens. I think there are many posts like that that may be easy to write but aren't firm reviews.

Also, I have several posts I'd love to see and others I might be able to write but if there was a list to work off of, maybe a google spreadsheet where people could +1 ideas it might be helpful. For instance, if a post idea got 5 +1s then people could select to fill it.

Ok, since I said that I decided to just go ahead and make one. If nobody uses it that's fine but I know it's always annoying when everyone posts ideas they want you to do when they could likely do it themselves.

Click here for spreadsheet "FPGs User Submitted Ideas": http://sdrv.ms/1a3JvES

A lot of these posts could actually be made by simply finding a thread in the forum and putting all the info into a nice package. That being said, I don't know what truley belongs on the front page vs. deserves to stay in the forums.

Regardless, I get the reason for the slowdown and I am glad there is open dialogue. I know people that have been using FPGs longer than me surely feel it's their site just as much as I do and are very supportive.