Thread: Hello from New Hampshire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Hello from New Hampshire

Hi all, I've just joined the forums but have enjoyed many of the videos and info posted by FPGeeks. I was reading FPN but that wasn't working out so I went looking for a new forum to satisfy my pen habit and here I am.

I'm 50 years old, male, working in IT in southern New Hampshire.

My fascination with pens is pretty old, but I have always seemed to have bad luck when I bought one. Recently, I found 2 pens I had bought from Levenger years ago and had issues with, and decided to make them work or throw them out. After a short while researching on the net, I was hopelessly enthralled. I was able to get both working reliably (Levenger kindly sent me a new nib for one even after 7 years, great customer service there). Months later, I have a small and growing collection of pens. Here are my currently inked pens:

my-pens-xmas-2013.png

1. Pelikan M800 Blue O' Blue with a custom F left oblique 18K nib
    2. Pelikan M600 Ruby Red with a custom OB 18K nib
    3. Conway Stewart Belliver in Nebula with an IF 18k nib
    4. Conway Stewart Wellington in Black Whirl with a M 18K nib
    5. Conway Stewart Winston in Classic Claret with an IM 18k nib
    6. Yard-O-Led Viceroy Standard Victorian sterling silver rollerball (yes, not an FP but I like and use it ;-)
    7. Nakaya Neo Standard in Kuro-tamenuri with a custom M left oblique 14k nib
    8. Danitrio Hyotan in gold ishimeji urushi lacquer with an Edison two-tone F steel nib (the original 18k soft fine was NOT to my taste... yet)
    9. Edison Pearlette in Deep Indigo Flake with a 1.4mm steel stub nib

Not shown:

1. Levenger True Writer in Golden Tortoise with a F steel nib
    2. Levenger Argento in marbled blue resin with sterling trim and a M 18k nib (this is a WET writer!)
    3. Parker 51 "Special"
    4. (2) Parker 21's

OK, so maybe I've gone overboard in the last few months, but I sure have been enjoying myself.
    Last edited by Baric; December 25th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baric For This Useful Post:

damfino (April 23rd, 2021), Tony Rex (December 26th, 2013), Tracy Lee (December 25th, 2013), Yazeh (April 20th, 2021)