Thread: Waterman 14

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 329 Posts

Default Waterman 14

It's my birthday this month and my awesome wife decided I should have this for my birthday! It looked okay on ebay but once it arrived I was floored. The seller was not a pen person and only gave a basic description. With better photos, a complete description, and a writing sample the pen probably would have sold for 2-3 times what I got it for. EASY. I've never seen such a clean, black, crisp example of pen! Unboxing photos!

Here we have the pen in question and a *ahem* few InCoWriMo supplies from the goulets, everything arrived at the same time!

This looks promising!

Holy Cow!! I was expecting brassed trim and browned rubber. It looks brand new!!!!

Next to my Waterman 12:

Nice nib!

It was sealed tight when I got it.

I kept dipping the nib in water and coaxing it gently, after about an hour the nib finally decided to come out. Then I dripped water down the feed channel every few minutes until the end finally unscrewed after about another hour. I've had pens take me over a week to open up so I was happy when she opened after a couple hours. It should probably take me another week before she's all cleaned out and ready to write. Just in time for InCoWriMo!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 00Photo For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 30th, 2014), Crazyorange (February 23rd, 2014), earthdawn (March 11th, 2014), klpeabody (February 23rd, 2014), KrazyIvan (January 30th, 2014), reprieve (January 30th, 2014)