Thread: My Sheaffer Trio (Craftsman Lever, Touchdown, Snorkel)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default My Sheaffer Trio (Craftsman Lever, Touchdown, Snorkel)

Got around to taking new shots of my three Sheaffers (aside from the cheapie 60s student pen and skripsert of some sort). I never did get around to getting good shots of the Touchdown and Craftsman.

• (1947-1949) Craftsman in Persian Blue with a #33 14K Gold Nib that writes like an Extra-Fine
    • (1951) Touchdown Admiral in Evergreen Green with a Feathertouch (14K + Platinum Plating) Accounting Nib (little finer than the Craftsman)
    • (1953) Snorkel Admiral in Black with a 14K Gold Open Nib (M2) Medium

The Touchdown and Snorkel were completely restored by Sean ( Write on Time Restoration ), and the Craftsman was restored by the Seller I got it from (from what I know, sac replaced, body polished with Brazilian carnauba wax)

I'm actually considering trading the Snorkel for a Snorkel with a 'Fine' Nib. From what I understand the Snorkels with Triumph nibs are common with Fine (F4) Nibs where as the ones with Open Nibs like I have are common with Medium (M2). My Snorkel is real smooth, but I'm a 'fine' kind of guy

My Craftsman is currently un-inked, I love the color, I just don't use it much because I already have several pens I prefer with the same extra-fine line width it puts out (primarily my Montblanc 225, but the touchdown is so close in line width but doesn't have as much feedback to the craftsman).

I kind of want to get something like a Sheaffer Balance Oversize to add to the collection going further back in time, or go forward in time with an Imperial.

Some Pretty Pictures I took this afternoon

capped.jpg
    uncapped.jpg
    posted.jpg
    nibs.jpg

Currently got Private Reserve Spearmint in the Touchdown and Noodler's Black Eel in the Snorkel.
    Last edited by KBeezie; May 22nd, 2014 at 08:31 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

Jeph (May 22nd, 2014), Jon Szanto (May 22nd, 2014)