Well, I'm about 4 years late joining this conversation, but I've just had the same experience as KrazyIvan. Bought the Ipsilon with the Italic nib, and the pen absolutely would not write. The nib was horrible, misalligned tines and unbelievably scratchy. I'm not an Italic newb, here, and I like mine extra-crispy, but that wasn't the issue here.It was almost as if they did the rough forming of the nib but never got around to the fine-finishing. It didn't fit the feed well at all, and so the ink-flow couldn't be maintained. The thing would just stop as if it was bone-dry every couple of words. Even dipped it wouldn't work.
Like you, I got it from Ipenstore, and like you, I worked with Jim and he quickly made it right. Really good store to deal with, and I'll deal with them again anytime, but I'll never buy another Aurora from anyone. There are just too many good pens out there. Too bad, I wanted to collect Ipsilons in several colors, and had the new Aurora Style in matte blue with rose gold as the next pen on my list. Not anymore.