Thread: Blowing my Own Trumpet With a Zebra

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Blowing my Own Trumpet With a Zebra

It's gone a bit quiet in the Art bit of the forum again, so

I hope you don't mind if I liven things up by blowing my own trumpet a little.

I was lucky enough to win a giveaway over at the Tiger Pens blog last month, a set of Zebra Sarasa SE gel pens. I sent them a quick thank you note, and included a sketch suggested by the name of the pens (Zebra, not Sarasa, mind you).

I did incorrectly define the drawing as a doodle in the email I sent them, by the way, strictly speaking, by my definition, its a sketch, as it's something I set out to draw more or less as it ended up.

BL-Zebra-Sarasa-SE-Picture.jpg

Tiger were kind enough to feature the drawing (despite the Zebra's nose, which I'm still not happy with) on their blog, and Facebook, where it was commented on approvingly by the Zebra company themselves!

Fame at last

Materials &c: Both drawings were done in a very cheap A6 sketchpad.

The monkey was outlined with a 3H Faber Castell woodcase pencil, inked with a "Centropen" pigment liner, and coloured with dry Derwent Academy watercolour pencils.

The Zebra was outlined with the same pencil, and inked and coloured with the Zebra Sarasa SE07 pens. Getting the shading right with a medium that only has one line weight was pretty interesting - lots of cross hatching!
    Attached Images Attached Images