Thread: Does anyone collect Mechanical Pencils?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Does anyone collect Mechanical Pencils?

I was wondering if anyone here collected or like Mechanical Pencils. As a student this is the tool i use the most and i have always liked them. I do not want to start a collection per se, but i did get a few that i like.

I was wondering if there's a forum on the internet dedicatedly exclusive to Mechanical Pencils lovers, i joined in here wanting to chat and see all kinds of MP, but it seems that i got caught a bit with Fountain Pens instead and ordered a Lamy All-Star,Joy,Noodler's Ink, and a Pilot Metropolitan.

But i do, as a student have a sweet spot for writing that i can erase. I'm a fan of Kuru Toga's, the cheapest is my favorite. So far this is my set up:

- Standard (US) Black Uni Kuru Toga 0.5mm
    - Black Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5mm
    - Teal Uni Kuru Toga Rubber Grip 0.5mm
    - Matte Black Jetstream MultiPen - Blue+Black+Red+Green+ 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil
    - Zebra M-701 0.7mm

and on the way:

- Pink Uni Kuru Toga High Grade 0.5mm
    - Silver Rotring 600 0.5mm

Leads i have some Pentel Ain Stein and Uni Nano Dia, i have not experienced any single lead break from any of these leads and these pencils since December. Use my standard Kuru Toga everyday. I think i have MP for a lifetime with these, and leads to spare too!!

Rotring 800+ or 800 was out of my budget. I did wanted the Rotring with the gold accents and retractable.. but $70 or $50 for a mechanical pencil - thought it was too much. Got the 600 from Amazon for less than $30 and they seem much alike.

What are your opinions, how does it look? I think i'm very much sold on the Kurus... they write so sharp ... i wonder if i'll like that Rotring better.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mvtm For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (November 26th, 2022), Cob (July 6th, 2014), Ismaeldallastx (August 16th, 2023)