This pen has a great deal of meaning for me. As a young child I had some learning difficulties due to some early childhood trauma. This affected my learning speed somewhat and it also affected my brain so that I used to think way ahead of what I was writing so my handwriting was always atrocious. One day my teacher looked at my handwriting (I wrote with a ballpoint) and handed me his sleek gold fountain pen and said, "write with it"!

I started to write and I kid you not my handwriting was transformed. The pen had this magical ability to slow my thoughts down to match writing speed. This pen was the Sheaffer Imperial 777. Obviously this gold filled beauty was not something to give a 7 year old boy to take to school but after talking with my teacher my Mum purchased a fountain pen for me. If memory serves I think it was a Parker.

Anyway. Fast forward to earlier this year and I happened upon Peyton street pens and there was the pen. N.O.S and Terri had marked it seconds as there were two small amounts of the gold fill missing from the clip. I pounced on it and it has now become one of my favourite writers. The nib has a little flex in it, is juicy and just writes like a dream.

It feels so good to own the same model of pen that started me down the road of better penmanship!

Here are some pictures!