I received a Montblanc rollberball pen as a birthday gift from a client a while ago. I was not really interested in pens. The box and papers disappeared after a move, so now I have no idea which model it is and I don't recall how much it cost (or what it is worth today). I never really liked the pen much because it didn't post firmly and the cap would fly off the pen. I found too small to comfortably write with unposted, so it has been a box queen most of its life. I would like to sell it at some point, but I have no idea how to price it. I brought the pen to the MB boutique on Long Island a month ago. It was an underwhelming experience to say the least. The sales people seemed to know more about (and were more interested in) selling watches, leather goods and jewelry than pens. I wanted to try out a starwalker with a fine nib. They didn't have any starwalker testers, so the salesperson gave me a 146 fine and told me it wrote the same (just as all MB's do--so he claimed). I am hardly an expert, but it doesn't take a fountain pen guru to see the nibs are completely different. Sorry for digressing, but these geniuses could not tell me what the reference number and apparently didn't have the ability to look it up by its serial number. Hell, what's the hell is the purpose of having the reference no. on the clip then if they can't use it to authenticate the pen and tell me what model it is???

Based on the serial number, it looks like it was made in 2006 (but I don't have a loupe handy) so I might be reading it wrong. I tried to get it in the pictures, but I wasn't having much luck with my Nexus 5 camera. When I have a loupe later today, I'll see if if I can give you the rest of the serial number. Here are the pictures:

Hopefully one of you MB maestros can help me figure out what I have sitting in my box.