Thread: Modifying a Pelikan Converter for a Kaweco Sport (more or less)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Modifying a Pelikan Converter for a Kaweco Sport (more or less)

Here is a short picture guide for modifying a standard Pelikan converter to fit into a Kaweco Sport:

Notes:
    - You basically make the screw piston converter into a push converter.
    - I don't give measurements for where to cut. But it is easy to find out where to do it.
    - Is it better than syringe filling a normal cartridge? Maybe. But you still need a "tool" to fill this converter.
    - The Pelikan converter fits a bit loose into the section, so you have to be carefull not to cut too much: The piston rod also helps fixating the converter.

This is the Pelikan converter:

And here it is completely disassembled. You need to file off the plastic ring, that stands out, so you can push the whole part fits into the converter barrel.

The three parts that you need are the ones at the bottom. The rest (the 3-4 parts at the top) are not needed anymore.

You can still screw the piston together, so the left part acts as a simple extension that can be detached

The converter filled with ink

The converter inserted into the Kaweco Sport.

There might be other converters that work better and look more pleasing, but I only had the Pelikan one lying around. The ridges at the rear end of the fountain pen barrel prevented the metal screw-on part of the converter to fit into the barrel. I have yet to find a way to file those four ridges off...
    Last edited by Pinkys.Brain; July 18th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.