It's possible that you may have seen this thread:

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....have-blundered

My inexperience in this hobby has cost me a few dollars.

The piece in question arrived to day. Acutally, it was "pieces".

The ad stated “This pen is in very good condition. The only imperfection or sign of wear that I can find at all is that the plunger isn't flush with the barrel as there is a gap between the barrel and plunger when the plunger is as close to the barrel as I can get it; however, this might have something to do with the ink mechanism on this one as there is no ink in this pen. See pics. There are no scratches, dents, dings, cracks, or engravings.”

While that was all true, it was not the least of the pen's trouble.

A member here, kirchh, pointed out
This pen was a decent latter-'40s Sentinel Deluxe before someone tore off the gold filled band at the bottom of the cap.
And kirchh was correct. But that was not the least of the pen's trouble. Had I paid $10 for this pen, I might not be so inclined to open a beef over it, but I paid three times that much and I'm an unsatisfied customer.

Does anybody find fault with my judgement or plans in this matter?

Thank.

Mark

Likely because the cap was now too short for the pen, the nib and section were damaged. While the pen was sold in "good condition" and it arrived well packed in a small cardboard box, wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped in a very sturdy and amply sized USPS mailer, the nib was bent.

It was difficult to see in 2-dimensions, but up close and personal, it is most decidedly bent.

But that's not the least of the pen's trouble.

At some point, the section broke.

Hard to tell from the pics on eBay whether the section was broken prior to shipment, but I'm guessing that it was. Nevertheless, the condition of this pen does not appear consistent with the description in the ad. I plan to contact the seller and request a refund, for which I will send the parts I received back, unless they are unwanted. I will wait 72 hours for a reply before taking the matter up with eBay.