Thread: Waterpik toothe flossing device

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Waterpik tooth flossing device

I was trying to clean out the feed and section on an old sheaffer scripsert for the last two weeks. It was the worst case of dried ink clog that I've ever come across. After a week of soaking in pen wash and repeated attempts to get any water through it with a bulb, I had an idea! Bolted to the wall next to the sink that I was using to try and clear the feed was my waterpik brand tooth flossing thing. I filled it with warm water and set it on medium, I was quite pleased with the chunks of hardened black ink that it was able to dislodge. Still, after a while, it stopped making progress. I let it soak for a few more days and then was able to clear a little more. After about another week of this, I got impatient and got out the big guns...

120 psi air from the compressor in the basement, sort of aimed at the cartridge piercing nipple finally cleared a channel so water could flow through it. After that it cleaned up nicely with less drastic techniques.

The pen is working great now!

Anyway, I don't think I would recommend compressed air as a good idea for pen cleaning tools, but the waterpik thing works pretty darned well and they are easy enough to come by. Just thought I'd share...

One of these days I'm going to have to pony up and get an ultrasonic cleaner...

Cheers!
    Last edited by although; November 26th, 2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spell correct

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to although For This Useful Post:

DickBrowne (December 3rd, 2018), Jon Szanto (November 26th, 2018)