Thread: Ink Review: Cult Pens Christ the Redeemer - Diamine Exclusive - Wonders of the World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,588 Times in 4,047 Posts

Default Ink Review: Cult Pens Christ the Redeemer - Diamine Exclusive - Wonders of the World

Today I'm reviewing Cult Pens Christ The Redeemer ink, one of their exclusive Diamine Inks. It is one of a series of inks inspired by modern Wonders of the World and by 'modern' they mean still in existence. This is what Cult Pens says about this ink:

“Probably the most recognisable man-made structure in South America and one of the most recognisable structures in the world, Christ the Redeemer is an Art Deco statue of Jesus Christ located in Rio de Janeiro. It was constructed by Heitor da Silva Costa and Paul Landowski in collaboration with Albert Caquot and Gheorghe Leonida in 1931. It's made of reinforced concrete - which has inspired the grey colour from this ink - and soapstone.”

Christ The Redeemer is a blueish grey ink like the colour of the original concrete used to build the structure. It’s a medium saturated ink with good flow that feels wetter when writing with broader nibs. Lubrication across the page felt nice and smooth.

It didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. It dried quickly on most papers and once dry it didn’t smudge or smear.

There were no start-up problems after leaving the pens overnight.

I saw show through and bits of bleed through on some of the papers I used. I only saw a couple of dots of bleed through on the original Xerox sheet.

There was a bit of shading but no sheen.

• Flow Rate: Good. Wetter with broader nibs.
    • Lubrication: Good. Nice and smooth across the papers.
    • Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
    • Start-up: Immediate.
    • Saturation: Medium saturation ink.
    • Shading Potential: A bit of shading seen.
    • Sheen: No sheen seen.
    • Show-Through: Some seen on alternate papers: Exacompta, Rhodia Bloc and Whitelines
    • Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not seen.
    • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
    • Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen. Very easy clean-up.
    • Staining (hands): Clean after one wash.
    • Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
    • Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but exhibits surprising water resistance.
    • Availability: 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles exclusively available from Cult Pens, UK.

My thanks to Diamine Inks for sending me this sample to review.

Christ The Redeemer.jpegChrist The Redeemer 1.jpeg
    Last edited by Chrissy; March 9th, 2024 at 02:52 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Brilliant Bill (March 21st, 2024), catbert (March 9th, 2024), DrPenfection (March 19th, 2024), forester (March 9th, 2024), junglejim (March 28th, 2024), LizEF (March 9th, 2024), Lloyd (March 9th, 2024), mizgeorge (March 9th, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (March 9th, 2024), Schaumburg_Swan (March 9th, 2024), Scrawler (April 6th, 2024), TSherbs (March 20th, 2024), Yazeh (March 9th, 2024)