Thread: Mystery Ink No. 4

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Ink No. 4

Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    Has anyone tried any of the other De Atramentis Black Edition inks? Particularly black-blue or black-green? I'm wondering if they behave similarly to Black-brown (MI4).
    I've tried the Black-Green in my 1.5mm Pilot Parallel. It seems to write more wet than some of the other inks I've put through the pen.
    Here's a writing sample of that ink on Moleskine:

Sorry the picture is a bit dark. I took the picture with the iPad camera....

I can't say whether or not it behaves similar to the Black-brown as I have not tried it. The ink did look significantly more faded with a fine nib as opposed to the wider one of the Parallel. If I remember correctly, it writes more wet than the various Noodler's I've put through it, but drier than Diamine Autumn Oak.
    The ink color is ok. It looks rather blah in warm/yellowish light and better in bright/white light. I'm not a big fan of the color, but then again, I tend to like the more vibrant greens like Faber Castell Moss Green.

Hope this helped!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naimitsu For This Useful Post:

Cob (March 7th, 2015), Laura N (March 7th, 2015), mustud52 (March 7th, 2015), reprieve (March 6th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (March 7th, 2015)