Thread: For those who joined in the last 60 days: How's your FP journey going?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: For those who joined in the last 60 days: How's your FP journey going?

Hello Penwash & all,

I joined a month ago, and continue to enjoy the forum. The pen habit is getting a bit expensive, as we all know.

My latest arrival is a pen with barrel & cap turned from horn, bought from Clyde Pen Co via Etsy. By coincidence, it arrived the day after I visited York for their Jorvik Viking festival where I bought myself a horn tankard. The festival is amazing if you are at all interested in things Viking. I haven't tried writing with the horn pen yet, it has joined the queue with the other pens.

Currently I am resisting ordering a Conid pen, which is the dream pen of the moment. They seem a lot of money for a plastic pen with a standard nib, but the filling mechanism fascinates me. I keep checking the piggy bank for funds. If I do buy one it will have to be before the end of March, as I don't want to get involved in importing from foreign countries after Br*x*t.

Onwards and upwards...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RWS For This Useful Post:

azkid (February 26th, 2019), Kaputnik (February 23rd, 2019), Marsilius (March 2nd, 2019), penwash (February 24th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,769 Times in 1,983 Posts

Default Re: For those who joined in the last 60 days: How's your FP journey going?

Quote Originally Posted by RWS View Post
    Currently I am resisting ordering a Conid pen, which is the dream pen of the moment. They seem a lot of money for a plastic pen with a standard nib, but the filling mechanism fascinates me.
    You know what, I am in the minority here because most people went gaga over the Conid. I've held it, written with it, I don't feel the connection. Though I admire its designer Mr. Goosens whom I consider to be one of the FP geniuses of our time. But the pen itself feels ... bland to me (speaking for no one else).
    If I want a syringe filler, I might as well order a custom-made one from Shawn Newton in my favorite pen material: Woodgrain Ebonite. I'd probably pay less than a Conid whose price is also a tad too high for me even if I liked the pen.
    Last edited by penwash; February 24th, 2019 at 12:59 PM.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

RWS (February 25th, 2019)