Thread: Barnes & Noble: Boxed Stationery Set - Ivory

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: Barnes & Noble: Boxed Stationery Set - Ivory

Quote Originally Posted by caribbean_skye View Post
    Sure thing, that'd be awesome. There's a letter on its way to you so you can see what I mean. If I could find one ink that it worked well with (that's not black) I would be ever so happy.
    I have uploaded additional images of Barnes & Noble - Ivory stationery with ink smear samples to compare drying time. I had a drying time interval of 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds. From the results, it appears that Private Reserve American Blue, Levenger Cocoa, and Noodler's Baystate Blue did well and dried within 20 - 30 seconds on the B&N Ivory. I've also uploaded images of Clairefontaine Triomphe stationery as a comparison. It appeared that only two inks dried within 20 - 30 second range: Private Reserve American Blue and Levenger Cocoa.

I am not an expert, but I would assume that some inks perform and dry faster on certain papers than others. Some inks sit longer on top of the paper before setting in and drying. Your results may vary depending on many factors (humidity, inks, nib size, stationery, etc.)

I hope that this additional information helps.

Just for the record, I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this review.

CIMG1537.jpgCIMG1538.jpgCIMG1539.jpgCIMG1540.jpgCIMG1541.jpgCIMG1542.jpgCIMG1543.jpgCIMG1544.jpg
    Last edited by vhr5; April 3rd, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - Doctor Who