Thread: Is the use of writing papers in laser printers possible? Anyone tried this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: Is the use of writing papers in laser printers possible? Anyone tried this?

I've been working on creating an A5 sized form to better catalogue my inks (and possibly share inky thoughts).
    It's not particularly scientific, but I've created a test print on a single sheet of Kokuyo Campus Sarasara A5 paper with our HP LaserJet M29w, and it seemed to come out just fine.
    I believe that's a 75 gsm paper, and I'm not sure how much lighter than that you could go before the risk of paper jams becomes too high.
    Looking at the specs for your much nicer printer though, it claims to handle one-sided paper from 60-220 gsm and double-sided from 60-176 gsm.
    Direct link to the PDF spec sheet in case you want to check it out - https://www.office.xerox.com/latest/VC6SS-01U.PDF

Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thi For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 18th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,572 Times in 4,038 Posts

Default Re: Is the use of writing papers in laser printers possible? Anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by thi View Post
    I've been working on creating an A5 sized form to better catalogue my inks (and possibly share inky thoughts).
    It's not particularly scientific, but I've created a test print on a single sheet of Kokuyo Campus Sarasara A5 paper with our HP LaserJet M29w, and it seemed to come out just fine.
    I believe that's a 75 gsm paper, and I'm not sure how much lighter than that you could go before the risk of paper jams becomes too high.
    Looking at the specs for your much nicer printer though, it claims to handle one-sided paper from 60-220 gsm and double-sided from 60-176 gsm.
    Direct link to the PDF spec sheet in case you want to check it out - https://www.office.xerox.com/latest/VC6SS-01U.PDF

Good luck!
    I bought some Xerox Color tech super gloss photo paper that is 250gsm and it was OK with that. I will be able to make Christmas cards from it.
    I was led to believe that the main problem with any paper is the heat rather than the paper weight. Hence the concern.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens