Page 214 of 290 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

About 2-3 weeks ago I rec’d the most incredible Fountain pen! A Franklin - Christoph 45 Vanness Exclusive w/ a 1.1 Italic Nib. This pen is almost see thru light green, and writes like the dickens! By that I mean she writes as smooth as a baby’s bottom! I’ll try & post some pictures later today as I just figured out how to post pictures....Oooh, i purchased it from my friends at Vanness....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ms8109 For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (August 1st, 2018)

Thanks

IMG_3770.JPG

Actually, I went on a buying spree recently! I must have bought about 12 Fountain Pens. The one I am talking about right now, is the 2nd from the left. A Pilot Vanishing Point Metalic Fountain Pen. Copper Red w / a Med nib. that I picked-up at GoldSpot. On 4-10-18.

Mike
    Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ms8109 For This Useful Post:

da vinci (May 28th, 2018)

Thanks

I have wanted some kind of pocket pen for a while. You know, an always in my pocket, always with me kind of fountain pen. So for my birthday my wife got me a Kaweco Liliput copper with a extra fine nib. Within a week it iw already developing a beautiful (to me) patina. It always works. The nib I have is wet and smooth - amazingly so.

I made a little sleeve for it from a deerskin that my father shot and had tanned and some waxed linen thread that I remember seeing in our everything handy drawer since I was just tall enough to see into a drawer. So my little sleeved Liliput copper is in my pocket now all the time and always works great. And it carries several associations of love with it too.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chalkdust For This Useful Post:

NibsForScript (May 28th, 2018), Wuddus (May 28th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

A set of three Esterbrooks arrived over the weekend all in need of repairs. Blue SJ, red SJ and black LJ.

Replaced sac on the latter, need to order more sacs and also track down a J-bar for the blue. Some more NOS nibs are inbound too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

I picked up a blue marbled Conway Stewart 388 and a 75 and the pencils to go with them. They'll need a little work.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

I bought the Sailor Pro Gear Slim in white with a M nib that Zhivago was selling. I thought I would like the M nib that Sailor makes, and I do.

I also bought a Sailor 1911 Standard Stormy Sea with a Zoom nib. I'm having fun with the Zoom nib.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

writingrav (June 3rd, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

I'm about to receive, over the coming few days, a new oblique dip pen with a grip section based on the Ransomerian design. It is also a short staff, so I may carry it with me instead of leaving on my desk.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Here's a sad, faded, 1940's E. Faber Permapoint that showed up in my mailbox yesterday. I couldn't resist the lizard look and the surprisingly modern black/orange trim.The original nib was beyond help so I swapped in a #5 Knox F I had laying around and tuned it to eliminate hard starts. Seems to be usable now.Despite consumer reports rating it inferior in 1947, I am fairly pleased.

It is light enough to to be comfortable but weighty enough to convey quality, is reasonably well-balanced even when posted, and lengthy enough to use unposted, measuring just over 5" (129mm) capped. It's girth is comparable to Parker 51, Esterbrook LJ, at about 7/16" (12mm). The short lever is easy enough to operate.

One complaint is they managed to put the clip on crooked.
    Last edited by azkid; June 5th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

amk (June 8th, 2018), Cob (June 5th, 2018), farmdogfan (June 5th, 2018), Kaputnik (June 5th, 2018), Lady Onogaro (June 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azkid View Post
    One complaint is they managed to put the clip on crooked.
    And some things never change...I still see it even today! Doesn't bother me any more and it is only 2-3 degrees off. Oh, nice pen!
    Last edited by Rapidray; June 5th, 2018 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    0.5mm vs 0.7mm graphite sizes is much like 9mm vs 45acp...they both work if you know what you are doing. - me

Looking for Caran d'Ache Type 55 2mm set and Rotation .7 pencils.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rapidray For This Useful Post:

azkid (June 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid360 View Post
    I’ve made yet another Dupont purchase This Atelier line is just beautiful!! I bought the pen and the lighter. Something about Palladium and Purple really appeals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Do you smoke cigars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

With my finger and hand problems I have not been doing any pen repair work for months and it'll be weeks at least before I start again. But one of the customers who sent me this PFM V that is still in line to be worked on decided he no longer liked that make and model so he asked if I would be interested in a trade. Being that this make and model is one of my favorites and it is the 5th model in the line of 5 and I have the first 4 I said absolutely.
    The problem is,leave the monogram on the clip as is......or, since it is R.R.C. I could have the middle R removed and replaced with my middle initial. I'll need to do a family portrait now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RayCornett For This Useful Post:

azkid (June 7th, 2018), da vinci (June 7th, 2018), farmdogfan (June 7th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Pretty this time!

You might think that this is a Waterman's 32; well it isn't: it's a very late 52, stamped accordingly on the end of the barrel. It is a Canadian pen and came with a good but bent English Ideal nib and no lever box. Fortunately I had a correct lever box in stock. I have fitted a nice New York Ideal which works nicely.Waterman's 52 Cell 1.jpgWaterman's 52 Cell 2.jpg

Rgds

Cob
    Vive les chevaliers! A bas les têtes rondes!

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

amk (June 8th, 2018), azkid (June 7th, 2018), Cyril (July 11th, 2018), da vinci (June 7th, 2018), farmdogfan (June 7th, 2018), Jon Szanto (June 11th, 2018), kaisnowbird (June 14th, 2018), Lady Onogaro (June 11th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

Beautiful celluloid!
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks

How about this curious pen? Obviously related to a German school pen, I really like it. If I can get it working properly, I shall fit a decent gold nib in place of the nasty thing currently fitted.German Shorty 1.jpgGerman Shorty 2.jpg

Cob

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

amk (June 8th, 2018), azkid (June 8th, 2018), carlos.q (June 8th, 2018), da vinci (June 10th, 2018), farmdogfan (June 8th, 2018), Jon Szanto (June 11th, 2018), kaisnowbird (June 14th, 2018), penwash (June 8th, 2018)

Thanks

Cob, that is a stunning chasing design - almost modernist / Art Deco. Are you keeping it? ....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    Cob, that is a stunning chasing design - almost modernist / Art Deco. Are you keeping it? ....
    Yes it's very handsome - very 1930s German too - look at that clip!

I'll hang on to it if I can; I think I wouldn't mind turning it into a working job. It doesn't belong to me (yet) and was sent over by a very nice client for me to "look at." It really isn't his sort of thing so we shall see! He might want me to sort it out.

Cob

Thanks

Well "Shorty" as he is christened, now lives here. Thoroughly cleaned out and in full working order, he now boasts an Esterbrook Relief gold nib. The original feed was too small, so I cut down a Croxley feed which is a perfect fit.German Shorty 4.jpgGerman Shorty 3.jpg

Stamped on the cap is the word "Stylus" whether that be his make or merely an indication of his function is anyone's guess.

Rgds

Cob

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

amk (June 20th, 2018), azkid (June 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmdogfan View Post
    A MB 149 from the early fifties with a ski-slope feed, a pen i have been wanting for a long time.
    Gorgeous!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

One of the latest generation of inexpensive but better-made Chinese pens, a Moonman M2. Low point on the pen was a banal nib so I swapped for one of my favorites.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

amk (June 20th, 2018), da vinci (June 11th, 2018), Deb (June 12th, 2018), farmdogfan (June 11th, 2018), KrazyIvan (June 13th, 2018), penwash (June 13th, 2018)

Thanks

A Caran d'Ache Rotation in the rollerball. Their black ink is a very black. Writes very smoothly.
    0.5mm vs 0.7mm graphite sizes is much like 9mm vs 45acp...they both work if you know what you are doing. - me

Looking for Caran d'Ache Type 55 2mm set and Rotation .7 pencils.