Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trump Won Two-Thirds of Election Lawsuits Where Merits Considered

Thanks

Default Re: Trump Won Two-Thirds of Election Lawsuits Where Merits Considered

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    This is like the 3rd time I've seen you use some "I was talking to a trumper" anecdote, like you have some special fucking litmus test that lets you sniff out the insurrectionists. You look for a little evidence confirming that someone *gasp* "supports Trump". That's all you need to know, because you know everything from reading a washed-up one-hit-wonder journalist, and a crazy niece.

Now go read Victor Davis Hanson's "The Case for Trump". Agree with the argument or not, at least it's rational and not some bullshit gossip nonsense like the rest of your "list".

Donald Trump is not dangerous. An asshole, certainly. Dangerous?
    I can't figure if you're blind or just plain stupid.
    I always get a tickle when I make you show your true colors.

See Chuck, you’re partisan. Just like I told Chip, partisans are unable to see the world outside of the narrative they’ve constructed. Since I’m not in your camp, I must be in the other…

I’m not. When I browse the news, I’m just looking at the narratives people are being fed (by the left and right). There’s mainly a bunch of lefties here. You don’t know it because your partisan. Were it righties, everyone would be calling me a Trump hater because I would be pointing out how stupid their narrative was, just like I do for you.
    Okay, you're just plain stupid. Thank you for clearing it up!! LOL!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    The topic here has been Donald Trump and whether he is "dangerous." Chuck and I and Chip say yes, very much so. Chip and I gave reasons. dneal says no (but no follow up or reason). You say "what about Biden."

I actually don't expect more out of either of you two. Shrug.
    The dude didn't even care enough to vote. No balls.....!! Troll...absolutely.

What about Biden is whataboutthisism or the child who complains, they weren't nice to me as an excuse for not being nice.

Thanks

What about Biden is whataboutthisism or the child who complains, they weren't nice to me as an excuse for not being nice.

Chuck and TS-
    If you two go on a trip together please find and bring along someone with advanced reading skills.
    "Whataboutthisism" is the response you make when you can't refute the original statement.
    To simplify: Biden is the Dem Trump. Not "what about." Functionally equivalent to the claims you make about Trump.
    Joe's the Donald without the ability to speak in public.
    No complaints here. Have no expectation of niceties.
    If you can't look at a Dem without a thrill going up your leg [historial allusion] the only way you'll be able to turn on your trip will be left.
    Be well, stay cool, and enjoy the show.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (July 27th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post

Chuck and TS-
    If you two go on a trip together please find and bring along someone with advanced reading skills.
    "Whataboutthisism" is the response you make when you can't refute the original statement.
    To simplify: Biden is the Dem Trump. Not "what about." Functionally equivalent to the claims you make about Trump.
    Joe's the Donald without the ability to speak in public.
    No complaints here. Have no expectation of niceties.
    If you can't look at a Dem without a thrill going up your leg [historial allusion] the only way you'll be able to turn on your trip will be left.
    Be well, stay cool, and enjoy the show.
    You demonstrate you don't understand "whataboutthisism". So, I am obliged to help.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Thanks

Stay with me here Chuck: your accusation that I am engaging in whataboutism is a rhetorical device, attempting to discredit my statement. You employ that device when you can't respond on the merits. If you would read carefully the post you're trying to respond to you'll notice it contains no defense of Trump.

Hope your GPS is working.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (July 27th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,319 Posts

Stay with me here Chuck: your accusation that I am engaging in whataboutism is a rhetorical device, attempting to discredit my statement. You employ that device when you can't respond on the merits. If you would read carefully the post you're trying to respond to you'll notice it contains no defense of Trump.

A+ for effort. They could never even answer what they didn't like about Trump on a policy level, and that turned into a dumpster fire... leading to these others. Hey! It's like Portland! lol
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

kazoolaw (July 27th, 2021)

Thanks

Simply writing "stay with me Chuck" is a form of whatabout this . It is something to say that does not address the issue. I mean, you can condensend all you want, but people died because of Trump. If you don't understand, I understand why, but don't think others are not getting it. There is a radicalizaton going on in the US and it is not religious. Well, maybe cultish.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Chuck and TS-
    Another petty remark.

No, it's the response to an irrelevant turn in a debate. Irrelevance needs and deserves no refutation. Irrelevance is simply dismissed.

To simplify: Biden is the Dem Trump.
    Irrelevant to the discussion over whether Trump is dangerous.

Functionally equivalent to the claims you make about Trump.
    Not in the least "functionally equivalent". I outlined five ways in which I consider Trump to be dangerous. You have not addressed any of those specifics other than to say "Biden is the Dem Trump." And this is still not relevant to the point of discussion.

I actually think that Trump is personally emotionally dangerous to his immediate family. His ego is enormous, his empathy is poor, and his judgment is suspect. I cringe to think what may be coming for the future of that household (wife and son). Oh well, I don't have much sympathy for Melania since I figure that she knew what she was getting into. But children don't pick their parents, and Baron got quite a pair.
    Last edited by TSherbs; August 1st, 2021 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks

The dude didn't even care enough to vote. No balls.....!! Troll...absolutely.

From David Frum's (a Republican who has rejected Trump) most recent article for the Atlantic:

The post-Trump right has a style as distinctive as its authoritarian substance: trolling, ironic, evasive. It expresses itself in rhetorical questions, in false alternatives, in sleights of phrase, in mocking deflections. It does not openly declare its intentions, in part because it does not dare to—and in part because it itself does not yet fully know. Those of us who have walked away from this betrayal of our earlier beliefs can discern the resemblance to the fascism of the last century. But those heading toward the new destination do not see so clearly, distracted as they are by the wisecracks that they are tweeting as they trudge.
    Sound familiar?
    Last edited by TSherbs; August 4th, 2021 at 11:52 AM. Reason: edited for focus and emphasis

Thanks

Trump has taught others that the best way to address accusations is to just claim the accusation is false. I heard yesterday that A. Cuomo said the women didn't understand what he meant. In other words, it was their fault. Perhaps he thinks they are too stupid. Who knows, but it sounds familiar.

The overarching problem is that a form of dishonesty is creeping into the social fabric where something that is absolutely known is said to be false. Just consider the current situation where unvaccinated people are dying of COVID-19 Delta Varient. People are dying because they refuse to believe that either the vaccine will work or that the virus is that dangerous. I do honesly believe that had Clinton won and the virus would have emerged, there would not be the existing situation, but after just four years of DT, how many see things has changed. I am not a Clinton fan, just saying.

Thanks

Thanks

Well, two lawyers who filed on behalf of Trump's cause in December just lost this counter suit for sanctions. Ouch! Here is a summary of part of the decision, from CNN:

. The attorneys -- Gary D. Fielder and Ernest John Walker -- that filed the election lawsuit in late December 2020 in Colorado federal court now must pay attorneys fees for Facebook, Dominion Voting Systems, the states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Wisconsin, and the non-profit Center for Tech and Civic Life, all of which were named as defendants in the lawsuit, Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter ruled.
    The shit is coming back from the fan.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Trump has taught others that the best way to address accusations is to just claim the accusation is false. I heard yesterday that A. Cuomo said the women didn't understand what he meant. In other words, it was their fault. Perhaps he thinks they are too stupid. Who knows, but it sounds familiar.

The overarching problem is that a form of dishonesty is creeping into the social fabric where something that is absolutely known is said to be false. Just consider the current situation where unvaccinated people are dying of COVID-19 Delta Varient. People are dying because they refuse to believe that either the vaccine will work or that the virus is that dangerous. I do honesly believe that had Clinton won and the virus would have emerged, there would not be the existing situation, but after just four years of DT, how many see things has changed. I am not a Clinton fan, just saying.
    Wait-
    Andrew Cuomo's lies and sexual abuse are because of Trump? Your belief in his superpowers must be frightening to you.
    Would the same hold for Clinton who perjured himself regarding his sex in the Oval Office?
    We can agree that had Hilary won and COVID emerged the existing situation would many times worse

Thanks

Wait-
    Andrew Cuomo's lies and sexual abuse are because of Trump? Your belief in his superpowers must be frightening to you.
    Would the same hold for Clinton who perjured himself regarding his sex in the Oval Office?
    We can agree that had Hilary won and COVID emerged the existing situation would many times worse
    This is a good example for why it is impossible to have a conversation with you. First off, you jump to a conclusion that I am blaming Trump for Cuomo. Then you make a statement about me believing something I never suggested.

Next comes the whataboutthis with Clinton.

Why would I agree? Is there anything I wrote remotely suggesting that I believe Clinton to be worse? No!

So, next time your whining about me not willing to have a discussion, remember your reply and you'll better understand why I find no confidence you truly want one.

Thanks

Wait-
    This is a good example for why it is impossible to have a conversation with you. First off, you jump to a conclusion that I am blaming Trump for Cuomo. Then you make a statement about me believing something I never suggested.

Why would I agree? Is there anything I wrote remotely suggesting that I believe Clinton to be worse? No!

So, next time your whining about me not willing to have a discussion, remember your reply and you'll better understand why I find no confidence you truly want one.
    Chuck,
    So you didn't mean to put Trump in the first sentence, Cuomo in the second sentence of the same paragraph and not make a connection? "...it sounds familiar" refers to who/what exactly? Maybe back to the first sentence and the only name in it?
    Enough already with the the whatabouts. My point was you can't blame Trump for Bill's perjury as Bill came first.
    I don't recall whining about not having a conversation with you, but if I did I take it all back.

Thanks

Wait-

Chuck,
    So you didn't mean to put Trump in the first sentence, Cuomo in the second sentence of the same paragraph and not make a connection? "...it sounds familiar" refers to who/what exactly? Maybe back to the first sentence and the only name in it?
    Enough already with the the whatabouts. My point was you can't blame Trump for Bill's perjury as Bill came first.
    I don't recall whining about not having a conversation with you, but if I did I take it all back.
    As I wrote, Trump is teaching others just to the best way to address accusations is to claim their false. Or worse attack the accusers. You can check this out if you want to take the time and then you will know I am not blaming Trump for what Cuomo did.

I never mentoned Bill Clinton. Why did you mention him? It is common for children to respond when accused of something to say, "well, they did it first". Or, "so and so did it to". We can never actaually converse about Trump if all his followers only defend his words and actions by comparing him to someone else. We all stand or fall on our own merits.

There were people who died and are dying because of Trump's actions both with the pandemic and on January 6. This is not something I am fabricating. People were hurt because of Cuomo's actions. Comparing him to another governor fails to address the problem. Hopefully, you get my point.

Thanks

This is a good example for why it is impossible to have a conversation with you.
    No "conversations" are happening here. It's an error to expect it, Chuck.

There are a couple of us who post criticisms about Trump, and there are a couple who troll us in reply.

You are of course right that Trump's actions and words have cost people their lives. It is part of how Trump is dangerous and how his potential return to office must be rejected.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Chuck-stay with us here:

Post 110: "Trump has taught others that the best way to address accusations is to just claim the accusation is false. I heard yesterday that A. Cuomo said the women didn't understand what he meant. In other words, it was their fault." You say Trump teaches others (Cuomo) to lie.

Post 114: "First off, you jump to a conclusion that I am blaming Trump for Cuomo." Now you claim didn't say Trump taught Cuomo to lie.

Post 116: "As I wrote, Trump is teaching others just to the best way to address accusations is to claim their false. Or worse attack the accusers. You can check this out if you want to take the time and then you will know I am not blaming Trump for what Cuomo did." Now you say both: Trump is to blame for teaching others (including Cuomo, see Posts 110 & 116) to lie, but Trump's not to blame for Cuomo lying.

Gotta admit Chuck, hard to converse when you're already on both sides of the conversation.

Thanks

I never mentoned Bill Clinton. Why did you mention him? It is common for children to respond when accused of something to say, "well, they did it first". Or, "so and so did it to". We can never actaually converse about Trump if all his followers only defend his words and actions by comparing him to someone else. We all stand or fall on our own merits.

There were people who died and are dying because of Trump's actions both with the pandemic and on January 6. This is not something I am fabricating. People were hurt because of Cuomo's actions. Comparing him to another governor fails to address the problem. Hopefully, you get my point.
    CN,

Again, stick with me:

In Post 110 you claim that Trump taught Cuomo to lie. I cited an example of a politician who lied about sex before Trump was president. Seems that former President Clinton was able to lie about sex without being taught by Trump, which destroys your argument that only politicians that are taught by Trump lie about sex. Feel free to cite a Republican politician who lied about sex before Trump was elected. My statement was not a Trump defense. I never defend lying, regardless of political party. Your argument that Trump taught Cuomo to lie assumes that Cuomo has no conscience of his own. Actually, I'm willing to agree with that, but argue that condition pre-existed Donald Trump

Do you remember Trump sending the hospital ship to New York to help during the pandemic? Do you remember Cuomo not sending patients to be treated at the ship? Did that action of Trump cause people to die? Same question with the tent hospital sent by Franklin Graham which remained virtually empty: can you possibly claim Trump was involved? Who got the vaccine process kick-started? Didn't the Dems claim that it couldn't be done?

Other than Ashli Babbitt, who died on January 6? I mean at the Capital. And before you say it, no officer died after being beaten with a fire extinguisher.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

@TSherbs and @Chuck Naill

I read but do not often respond. You are adding to the conversation. Trump has indeed demonstrated that a viable method of dealing with accusations is to gaslight the hell out of them. Nobody has suggested that Cuomo has (allegedly) committed abuses because he's learned that from Trump, but it is not a great stretch to concur that Cuomo's current gaslighting is (at least partly) a result of having seen Trump get away with it. Bear in mind that even if Cuomo is an inveterate liar, it's likely he has been emboldened by Trump's actions to be more egregious in his lying on the political stage.

Historically speaking we can almost always cite a prior example of most things. Using that as an argument doesn't really work.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (August 6th, 2021)