Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Do you have pen peace?

Thanks

Default Re: Do you have pen peace?

This is a tough topic for me...

As a dealer- I look for you always to be restless- and buy more pens!

As a PenPal/Collector- It is good to find a "niche" in collecting, and/or feel that you can buy less/enjoy what you have!

Happy Collecting (Shopping!)!
    Frank
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank For This Useful Post:

R.A. Stewart (September 14th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    I find the needlepoint suits my writing very well, and I enjoy using it. The pen itself though is a little too small to be comfortable unless I make conscious effort to settle it in my hand a certain way. That distracts me from the writing experience. In all likelihood I will get a second Model 20 (which is my favourite of their designs) with another needlepoint (or this one swapped in).

The P66 I have is a limited edition in a Brooks resin.

ps: it would have been a gift, not a sale.
    Oh wow, that is a real beauty. How unfortunate that the pen is too small for your hand, since the nib works well for you.

Sorry for my misunderstanding; you're very generous to offer such a gorgeous pen. I very much appreciate your gesture.

Thanks

Well... I took another picture of my "grail" and see that I've already posted a photo of it in this thread. But, sure, why not.

IMG_20210911_134527285~2.jpg

So! New grail! A Nakaya Piccolo Cigar kuro-tamenuri (or similar, perhaps with maki-e or raden or such), Pilot PO nib, and an ink window. Now I know I'll never find one of those! (And I'm okay with that.)
    Last edited by ethernautrix; September 11th, 2021 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Didn't add the photo. Doi!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

guyy (September 11th, 2021), Lloyd (September 13th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (September 13th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,701 Times in 1,971 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
    Well... I took another picture of my "grail" and see that I've already posted a photo of it in this thread. But, sure, why not.

IMG_20210911_134527285~2.jpg

So! New grail! A Nakaya Piccolo Cigar kuro-tamenuri (or similar, perhaps with maki-e or raden or such), Pilot PO nib, and an ink window. Now I know I'll never find one of those! (And I'm okay with that.)
    Lovely pen, and if the nib brings you so much joy, even the lovelier!

This gave me an idea, I'll hunt for a vintage flexible nib from Japan that will look good on my Naka-Ai
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (September 12th, 2021), Lloyd (September 13th, 2021)

Thanks

Thats beautiful and that BLUE STONE IS THE ENERGY CHARGER FOR THIS PEN???
    Can use any other stones to charge this pen???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Thats beautiful and that BLUE STONE IS THE ENERGY CHARGER FOR THIS PEN???
    Can use any other stones to charge this pen???
    I have a few very pretty stones. I believe this one is a blue agate, but I'm not sure. It's beautiful, for sure -- and hard to take a good photo of, quickly.

IMG_20210912_111351319_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210912_113610076~2.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (September 13th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,715 Posts

Evidently I have no pen peace. I don't even have ink peace. I was shuffling my notebooks and came upon one from 2011/12. In it, I was trying to discern which cute, cheap, and cheerful pens to keep and which to give away. Mixing the few inks I had just to see what would happen.

And I was having FUN. It was evident in the writing and the little sketches and even the sulks ('World's most hideous ink...will cause your crops to fail and your dog to desert you.').

Now? Not so much. Maybe it's a case of Solomon's Syndrome.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 13th, 2021), R.A. Stewart (September 15th, 2021), TSherbs (September 14th, 2021)

Thanks

Wow !!! It is a blue agate..I love minerals and stones. It is my second collection habits to pen habit.
    It is a crazy habit and you don't know where you are going to end up with crystals and stones. But trust me!!! it heals you and do lot of magic for sure.

I am plotting on a crazy idea to make an ink that's is infused with crystals and then it is used on a pen
    ( an eye dropper with a demonstrator barrel ) , also again the ink is going to be with " stones and crystals chips'" sitting inside and perhaps added gold chimeric powder to receive more crystal charging. ( I am still scratching my head to find this idea clearer )

So then this pen is going to be used on writing magic Quotes and spells and blessings . Just as the Witches and Vicars are doing for putting the spells. "This is an open secret project "
    My intuition says do it and do it!!!
    Last edited by Cyril; September 13th, 2021 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Ok... I'm a bit slow. I JUST figured out what Lisa's "Land of PO" signifies. I'm asleep at the wheel of life....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

That makes almost two of us, as I still don’t know/understand what a Pilot PO nib is…

Dear ethernautrix, could you perhaps please explain? Enlighten? Make more jealous? I love Nakaya, but never seem to really hit it off with their nibs…

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    That makes almost two of us, as I still don’t know/understand what a Pilot PO nib is…

Dear ethernautrix, could you perhaps please explain? Enlighten? Make more jealous? I love Nakaya, but never seem to really hit it off with their nibs…
    PO = Posting nib
    Here's a link to one at jetpens: https://www.jetpens.com/Pilot-Custom...g-Nib/pd/22514
    Here's an image from there

As for why the PO nib is Lisa's drug of choice, only she can relay. I've yet to try one... I'm a bit afraid of getting hooked...

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

PO = Posting nib
    Here's a link to one at jetpens: https://www.jetpens.com/Pilot-Custom...g-Nib/pd/22514

As for why the PO nib is Lisa's drug of choice, only she can relay. I've yet to try one... I'm a bit afraid of getting hooked...

Ta for that, but I still had to Google 'Posting nib' to find out that it is a nib with a downturned tip that writes a very fine line, and is excellent for use on feathering paper.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to An old bloke For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 14th, 2021)

Thanks

Red face Re: Do you have pen peace?

Pen peace? Nah.
    As for the Pilot Capless Rhodium “Stripes” model; I adore mine. I like metal shinning. The pen is all rhodium plated so it is scratch resistant, Rhodium is such a hard metal. The nib is medium size and writes butterly smooth. The things others despise on these writing instruments are virtues to me: The pen is hefty but comfortable, it is ALWAYS ready to write after actioning the button, producing that glorious clicking sound. The nibs are easily interchangeable and I have spares fine, medium and STUB of them. Off course I have four complete Vanishing Points, If I could afford that Raden model… (sigh).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Marioferu For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 14th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marioferu View Post
    The things others despise on these writing instruments are virtues to me: The pen is hefty but comfortable, it is ALWAYS ready to write after actioning the button, producing that glorious clicking sound.
    I could forgive all its flaws if it really were always ready to write after that annoying click. But it isn’t, not always. Mine is frequently balky. A pen whose selling point is that it is ready at a click for a quick note but won’t write when called upon is just about useless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guyy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioferu View Post
    The things others despise on these writing instruments are virtues to me: The pen is hefty but comfortable, it is ALWAYS ready to write after actioning the button, producing that glorious clicking sound.
    I could forgive all its flaws if it really were always ready to write after that annoying click. But it isn’t, not always. Mine is frequently balky. A pen whose selling point is that it is ready at a click for a quick note but won’t write when called upon is just about useless.
    Have you contacted Pilot? Perhaps the gasket needs replacing. Mine worked flawlessly through grad school.

Thanks

I do! Basically anyway. Let me be clear, I have a tiny collection, half a dozen pens and none of them really high end, plus a calligraphy set I recently received for my birthday. And I've gotten all of them with a view to actually writing with them, rather than primarily for their aesthetics (though that certainly matters) or rarity. So, to borrow a distinction that somebody on my favorite pipe forum once made, I'm more an accumulator than a collector, and that on a very small scale. But when my latest acquisition arrived a few months ago--a 1944 Parker 51--I thought, wow, this is as much pen as I'll ever need. It's beautiful without being intimidating, it feels good in my hand, and it writes just the way I need a pen to write.

There are still a couple of pens I wouldn't mind getting if the stars line up right. But if that never happens, it won't bother me at all.
    “We go to the garrick now and become warbs.”--James Thurber

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    My intuition says do it and do it!!!
    My late friend and companion did make a pen with amber pebbles! The pen body wasn't made of amber; she glued amber pebbles that she'd collected from the Baltic shore when she was a child.

Drat. I don't know how to embed a photo that I've already uploaded. Maybe... here's the link to the post of the pen:https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post335996

I don't know about charging, but some stones are just so beautiful and lovely to hold.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 16th, 2021)

Thanks

Ok... I'm a bit slow. I JUST figured out what Lisa's "Land of PO" signifies. I'm asleep at the wheel of life....
    Ha! I just got it now, too! Land of PO (nib) land! My intent was to play around with "Poland."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post

PO = Posting nib

Ta for that, but I still had to Google 'Posting nib' to find out that it is a nib with a downturned tip that writes a very fine line, and is excellent for use on feathering paper.
    Here's a quick and not great photo (or maybe that is my handwriting now!):

IMG_20210916_142753160~2.jpg

If not for the PO nib, Pilot's EF would probably be my favorite Favorite, very closely followed by their F nib. And Falcon SEF nib.

What I'm saying is, I just really prefer Pilot nibs over all other nibs, even though I do like other brands very much. I like that Pilot nibs are nails and... how they feel when I'm writing with them. That's just a deeply subjective factor that's difficult to explain. The magic might not work on everyone! Or even on most people. But that's okay, cos there's plenty of magic in other nibs for other people. For me, soft or springy nibs are... we just don't get along. Not a big deal, especially cos I don't have to use them and would use a gel pen if springy nibs were the only option available. (With the exception of playing around with soft or springy nibs. Then they can be fun or interesting.)

I'm still a little giddy that I have my favorite nib in my favorite pen, hehe!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (September 17th, 2021), guyy (September 16th, 2021), Lloyd (September 16th, 2021), Sailor Kenshin (October 28th, 2021)

Thanks

This one is pretty much the opposite of ethernautrix’s pen above: a big fat pen with a soft 18C 3B nib. I’m pretty happy with it. The balance is better than the 1950s 146 and the soft nib gives it a nicer feel than my 1960s 3B. One tine is currently higher than the other. Once i get that straightened out, i feel like i’ll be at peace for a while.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (September 17th, 2021), eachan (September 16th, 2021), Lloyd (September 16th, 2021)