Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Visconti

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Somewhere in these threads is a great video for cleaning nibs, helped me a lot. Look under repair I think, I asked about how best to clean my delta that was acting up. Your grandpa has great taste in pens, its nice you can help keep them " running"!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks

I now have 4 Viscontis: a white Van Gogh Maxi, a Pericles, the Blue Van Gogh Impressionists, and my newly acquired Rembrandt! I bought the purple one with the Eco Roller option and the bottle of that Infamous purple!
    All my Steel nibbed Viscontis have wonderful smooth Fine nibs, the Rembrandt is more like an Extra Fine!
    The Maxi has a 14K nib that is springy and odd, I continue to have trouble finding the sweet spot! I've heard that about some of their Gold nibs, it's a love it or hate it thing, I'm on the fence about it!

Thanks

What a great selection you have! Yes, their nibs are highly variable. I am not crazy about the steel nibs on my Art Ellenic and the Art Nouveau, but the nib on my Homo Sapiens is like a complete dream. I have a little Gulliver with a steel nib that I enjoy which seems weird, and the nib on my Kalidescope writes well, but the ink flows so freely through it that I have to be mindful of the density of paper I use. Still, the weight ratios, the styling, just something about the brand I love above all others I own!

Thanks

Did someone say Visconti? I got my first Visconti in 2001, which for many reasons was a very special year for me, and since then I have assembled quite a little tribe. They are consistently among the best writers in my collection, even though I was never able to find any stub nibs. I hope this quick and dirty picture gives a sufficient overview. Lacking from the picture is the Ragtime Anniversary set, that lives in its own wooden case.
    Cheers,
    Peter

IMG_0203.jpg

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterpen53 For This Useful Post:

Feathers (June 8th, 2015), LunaAzurina (February 8th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

I am going to save up to get the visconti homo sapiens midi.......it's a lot more than any pen I'd ussually consider, but i can't let down a pen that is my size and indestructible.....maybe I'll do a trade up until I get to it. I'll see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterpen53 View Post
    Did someone say Visconti? I got my first Visconti in 2001, which for many reasons was a very special year for me, and since then I have assembled quite a little tribe. They are consistently among the best writers in my collection, even though I was never able to find any stub nibs. I hope this quick and dirty picture gives a sufficient overview. Lacking from the picture is the Ragtime Anniversary set, that lives in its own wooden case.
    Cheers,
    Peter

IMG_0203.jpg
    Wow! Great set of pens there.

Thanks

Coveting every single one, even the ones I own too! :-) Thanks for sharing the picture of your collection. You know, I am traveling beginning Monday and will be away from home longer than I have been in awhile. What pens and ink to take? My biggest dilemma of packing, for sure.

Thanks

Actually, what is the one there next to Homo Sapiens? That is one I am not recognizing. Do tell, please!! :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Wow! Great set of pens there.
    Thanks, Gonzo. I must admit I rather like them myself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    Actually, what is the one there next to Homo Sapiens? That is one I am not recognizing. Do tell, please!! :-)

Hi Tracy. So glad you like them in spite of the so-so picture. I don't get the best of light in this room as it's on the north side of the house and then a phone camera shows its limitations.
    I think you're referring to the non-limited edition Titanic, the one with a depiction of a ship's bow and an iceberg in its clip. It comes with a converter instead of the vacuum power filler, but with a traveling inkwell and all the fancy packing of the 'real', limited Titanic nonetheless. It is quite a hefty pen. If I get a chance (and some good light!) I'll try to post some better pictures, although I suspect the colouring shades on the barrel will be hard to capture.

Cheers,
    Peter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    Coveting every single one, even the ones I own too! :-) Thanks for sharing the picture of your collection. You know, I am traveling beginning Monday and will be away from home longer than I have been in awhile. What pens and ink to take? My biggest dilemma of packing, for sure.

Depends whether you will be flying or staying on the ground (or the water for that matter). If I have to fly I only take one fountain pen (I know it's a pain, but we all have our cross to bear), my aptly-named MB 147 Traveler. It's the only pen where I will accept cartridges (no other way to get ink in this pen) but this system is designed not to leak on an airplane even when part-filled. And it has never done so in the 14 years I have owned it and it has accompanied me quite a few times across the Atlantic (and back).
    And speaking of Visconti, if you have those traveling inkwells they should do the job nicely, packed in a zipped plastic back for safety. Might ease your dilemma just a little bit...

Thanks

Yes, if I take mountains they travel empty to avoid messes. I have not been happy with cartridges for quite some time and put all the converters back in so that is a factor. I do have cartridges that could make the trip, though. I could not manage this coming two weeks without a couple of my favorites. Flying east coast to west. Ah the trials of being a pen lover. I have seen those traveling inkwells and may finally get one just to have. Thanks for the great tips!

Thanks

As promised some more detailed pictures of my Titanic. As I anticipated, the dark brown and deep-sea dark blue colours are very hard to catch.

FP20120219-Titanic-3.JPGFP20120219-Titanic-5.JPGFP20120219-Titanic-6.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

As I said the Titanic is quite a hefty pen and just for fun I made a comparison picture with my M1000. Even to me that was quite a surprise.

FP20120219-Titanic-10.JPG

Thanks

Thanks for posting photos! :-) Very nice.

Thanks

Those are beautiful pens! Thanks for posting pics!

Thanks

Oh, yes!

I first fell in love with the Visconti Lava when I first heard of it and then saw it. It was very different and the contrast between the gold and black "lava" I really liked. I ordered it from my favority retailer, inked it, but it began to leak which I found hard to find. It seems as if the first of these pens had a problem leaking but I took advice and had my retailer send it back to Visconti in Italy. In an appropriate amount of time, it was returned directly from Visconti, I inked it, and oh my gosh, it "flew" across the page smoother than I have ever experienced in a pen. And a wet line, also. I really believe in addition to a repair I have not found, I am of the opinion that the nib was worked over also.

It is now my favorite writing pen and it sits beside me now filled with Noodler's Widowmaker. It will not be my last Visconti!

It is now my favority

Thanks

Yep, I am and love my Homo Sapiens. I am using it right now filled with Noddler's Widow Maker! Wonderful smooth, wet line.

Thanks

I love mine too. Spent much of tonight with my latest Pen World may, taking careful note they have another Homo Sapiens, this one with marine steel appointments. A must have addition for me!!!

Thanks

I am an Omas man but have found myself mysteriously with quite a few Visconti's.
    L1020367.JPG
    and a Ragtime set, a Metropolis with Gordian knot and a Mazzi Dragon.

How did that happen?