Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Desk/Writing Area Photos

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Desk/Writing Area Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    I have two drop-leaf desks with cubbies (one a repro, one an "antique" that would not pass muster with the Kenos because of all the fixes that have been made to it). I like them, but I don't really work at them. I usually work at a work space some enterprising person designed out of a bar area in the living room of my house. Or I work at the kitchen table. In fact, in many ways the kitchen table is my favorite place to work (maybe because it has the largest work space, or more likely for nostalgic reasons.
    Agreed on the kitchen table & also because it is close to food.
    Yep. And tea. Food and tea are good with writing.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jackwebb View Post
    1975 Ethan Allen (same year I was born) picked up at an estate sale 6 years ago for almost nothing.
    So...the Anatomy Coloring Book...? I'm thinking it's reference and you're working on a crime novel?
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

carlinpole (June 7th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VertOlive View Post
    1975 Ethan Allen (same year I was born) picked up at an estate sale 6 years ago for almost nothing.
    So...the Anatomy Coloring Book...? I'm thinking it's reference and you're working on a crime novel?
    Hahaha. Nursing student, I decided to change career paths a couple years ago and went back to school. But yours sounds way more interesting.

"There’s two ways to change the way a guy feels about you. You can catch him on fire, or you can slap him" - Marcus Luttrell

Instagram: jackw3bb

Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,747 Posts

I miss my giant rolltop desk!
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

... and isn't that top left photo of an original '53-ish Corvette, back when they were truly cool? Who's running that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PS27 View Post
    ... and isn't that top left photo of an original '53-ish Corvette, back when they were truly cool? Who's running that?
    That's my youngest behind the wheel. It's a green screen photo from the National Corvette Museum, I wouldn't mind having one in the garage though.

"There’s two ways to change the way a guy feels about you. You can catch him on fire, or you can slap him" - Marcus Luttrell

Instagram: jackw3bb

Thanks

That's nice, must have been a good trip with the kids. Yeah, a '53 in the garage -- under lock and key most likely!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PS27 For This Useful Post:

jackwebb (May 8th, 2014)

Thanks

Default My Desk

My desk is a J.F. Dietz #3 banker's desk. My wife purchased it as a gift to me a couple of years ago and currently it is not this neat It was manufactured in Cincinnati circa 1910-1920, and it measures 72" W x 38" D. The hutch and desktop come off the base, and when the drawers are removed it's surprisingly easy to move. But assembled, it ain't moving!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DaleR; May 9th, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DaleR For This Useful Post:

BikerBabe (June 1st, 2014), caribbean_skye (May 31st, 2014), cwent2 (May 9th, 2014), jackwebb (May 9th, 2014), Lady Onogaro (January 30th, 2015), Newjelan (May 10th, 2014), Sailor Kenshin (May 9th, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (May 9th, 2014), Tracy Lee (May 9th, 2014), VertOlive (January 29th, 2015)

Thanks

This is my new desk. This arrived today, so things may be moved around. Already thinking of buying a larger roll-top desk in the future (one more move) to house everything.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to caribbean_skye For This Useful Post:

BikerBabe (June 1st, 2014), Crazyorange (January 26th, 2015), Polyhistor (July 16th, 2014), Sailor Kenshin (June 1st, 2014), tiffanyhenschel (June 1st, 2014), Tracy Lee (June 1st, 2014), VertOlive (January 29th, 2015), ypsilanti (June 1st, 2014)

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas
    Thanks

I used to maintain a full office in my home. Had a desk and credenza, etc. Now, I got ride of the desk and the surface of the credenza is limited. So, I now write on my dining room table and I like this set up a lot. I have plenty of surface to spread out with my paper, books, pens, etc. When I'm done, I can put everything away easily and have a clean table again. I still need to get a writing pad or blotter or something.

Thanks

Slightly cleaner than usual, and sporting my recently acquired desk set. The desk itself was a gift from a prof, and the upper storage is from my grandfather's workbench. I cobbled together the bit inbetween.

Attachment 16035
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreck For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (February 2nd, 2015), caribbean_skye (January 30th, 2015), cwent2 (January 31st, 2015), Lady Onogaro (January 30th, 2015), Potter (January 30th, 2015), VertOlive (January 29th, 2015)

Thanks

Having spent the last however long using the dining table as a desk, with nowhere near enough storage for everything, I finally got a desk and shelves. Thankfully we have a big kitchen so the desk, and a dining table, and a fair bit more furniture, fits in here easily. Now I don't have to pack everything away all the time, and everything is within reach!

The bottom shelf and right hand drawer is all my stuff. Drawer easily holds inks, pens, other bits and bobs. Shelf is notebooks, envelopes, washi tapes, some inks, and letter rack.
    Middle shelf and left Ahmed drawer are C's stuff (I give it a month before my stuff starts spreading out!).
    Top shelf is books and bits - I can't reach up there!
    Holly
    ------
    Twitter: @Holsworth
    Instagram: @Holsworth
    Blog: beansandtoast

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Holsworth For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (January 30th, 2015), cwent2 (January 31st, 2015), Potter (January 30th, 2015), Tracy Lee (February 2nd, 2015), VertOlive (January 31st, 2015)

Thanks

Team Potter - World HQ.jpg

Team Potter is tidying up his chaotic workstation in readiness for the InCoWriMo onslaught! It needs it...

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Potter For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (February 2nd, 2015), caribbean_skye (January 30th, 2015), cwent2 (January 31st, 2015), Dreck (January 30th, 2015), Holsworth (January 30th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (January 30th, 2015), Morgaine (January 30th, 2015), Tracy Lee (February 2nd, 2015), VertOlive (January 31st, 2015)

Thanks

You guys are just too tidy for me to post a picture of my writing space filled with 2 piles of books (mostly Maths as well as Tea books) on the left side, stash of around 20 bottles of ink behind the laptop and stash of paraphernalia on the right side. Behind me to the right there is a stash of paper notebooks almost my height.

Behind me in the centre there is a printer and a few small stashes of ink samples and pens for repair. On the floor 2 cases with my pen repairs tools and a couple more stashes of books of the same subjects on top of an empty box of beer bottles.

If you do not believe me, ask Jeph.
    Last edited by RuiFromUK; January 30th, 2015 at 05:24 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    You guys are just too tidy for me to post a picture of my writing space filled with 2 piles of books (mostly Maths as well as Tea books) on the left side, stash of around 20 bottles of ink behind the laptop and stash of paraphernalia on the right side. Behind me to the right there is a stash of paper notebooks almost my height.

Behind me in the centre there is a printer and a few small stashes of ink samples and pens for repair. On the floor 2 cases with my pen repairs tools and a couple more stashes of books of the same subjects on top of an empty box of beer bottles.

If you do not believe me, ask Jeph.
    oooh post a pic! mine is a right mess, will have to find time to clean it soon

Thanks

Here's our home office

My side

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bulbboy For This Useful Post:

akapulko2020 (January 30th, 2015), Bogon07 (February 2nd, 2015), carlinpole (June 7th, 2015), cwent2 (January 31st, 2015), VertOlive (January 31st, 2015)

Thanks

You're going to have a hard time maintaining a proper humidity with your humidor open.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.

Thanks

Good thing it's for fountain pens then!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bulbboy For This Useful Post:

Dreck (January 31st, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreck View Post
    Slightly cleaner than usual, and sporting my recently acquired desk set. The desk itself was a gift from a prof, and the upper storage is from my grandfather's workbench. I cobbled together the bit inbetween.

Attachment 16035
    The chair looks super comfy, too!
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreck View Post

Attachment 16035
    The chair looks super comfy, too!
    It is! I've taken many a study-break nap (both intentional and otherwise) in that chair. It was a gift from the academic dean (my former theology prof). The president of the college got new office furniture, so the academic dean got his hand-me-downs, and I got the chair before the vp of student affairs knew what was going on.

P.S. for the record, I do not smoke (apart from the occasional cigar-during warm months, and always outside). The ashtray belonged to my paternal grandfather. Now it has spent matches in it from lighting candles, but the best use I had for it was some 10-12 years ago when I used it to hold trail mix to keep my daughter occupied while I was trying to do my college coursework.
    Last edited by Dreck; January 31st, 2015 at 05:21 AM.