Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Q + Trump = what's our future?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Re: Q + Trump = what's our future?

'When we get angry, we suffer. If you really understand that you also will be able to understand that when the other person is angry, it means that she is suffering. When someone insults you or behaves violently towards you, you have to be intelligent enough to see that the person suffers from his own violence and anger. But we tend to forget. We think that we are the only one that suffers, and the other person is our oppressor. This is enough to make anger arise, and to strengthen our desire to punish. We want to punish the other person because we suffer. Then, we have anger in us; we have violence in us, just as they do. When we see that our suffering and anger are no different from their suffering and anger, we will behave more compassionately. So, understanding the other is understanding yourself, and understanding yourself is understanding the other person. Everything must begin with you.'

- Thich Nhat Hanh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (September 26th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Lloyd - feel free to cite all these supposed logical reasons offered in "virtually all these debates" as a response to "logical rationale". You know who I'm talking about. Should I resume pointing out the childish, ridiculous, and definitely not-logical posts we do get in "virtually all these debates"?
    Disappointingly, you're no less of a player in the circus.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    You and I have actually had a few constructive conversations, Seney. What's gotten into you today? Are you a defender of QAnon?
    Lord no!!
    roger

So, did Trump's recent overtures to QAnon upset you or make you worried about the possible frontrunner of the GOP for 2024? Do you hope that Trump wins the nomination again?
    As I have said several times before, I am not a Trumper and I would very much prefer that someone else was the Republican candidate for President in 2024.
    Okay, that's right. We agreed on that, and how both parties need stronger centrist candidates.

Thanks

This is what I mean, Seney. When we focus on the topic, we find some common ground.

Do you consider Desantis to be a strong possibility? Pence? They seem to be the only two alternatives that have been getting national attention at this point. You like either of them?

Thanks

I do not consider Biden or Harris to be strong candidates, but much for the country will depend on who wins the GOP nomination. I actually can imagine Trump trying to subvert the convention if he runs and doesn't win. Or maybe even if he doesn't run!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 26th, 2022)

Thanks

This is what I mean, Seney. When we focus on the topic, we find some common ground.

Do you consider Desantis to be a strong possibility? Pence? They seem to be the only two alternatives that have been getting national attention at this point. You like either of them?
    I think there are just as good, if not better potential candidates who are not as polarizing.

Thanks

I do not consider Biden or Harris to be strong candidates, but much for the country will depend on who wins the GOP nomination. I actually can imagine Trump trying to subvert the convention if he runs and doesn't win. Or maybe even if he doesn't run!
    I do not think of them as either strong or weak potential candidates as much as I think of them as Presidential disasters. They have both proven they are capable of destroying this Country, given the opportunity.
    As for who I prefer......I'll take Bugs Bunny or Elmer Fudd or just about anybody else who sees & opposes the folly in the current Democratic / Woke /Progressive agenda over either of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Lloyd - feel free to cite all these supposed logical reasons offered in "virtually all these debates" as a response to "logical rationale". You know who I'm talking about. Should I resume pointing out the childish, ridiculous, and definitely not-logical posts we do get in "virtually all these debates"?

Don't want to substantiate your opinion then? Just drive by commenting you are unable to substantiate? Yeah, I'm the disappointing one.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I do not think of them as either strong or weak potential candidates as much as I think of them as Presidential disasters. They have both proven they are capable of destroying this Country, given the opportunity.
    As for who I prefer......I'll take Bugs Bunny or Elmer Fudd or just about anybody else who sees & opposes the folly in the current Democratic / Woke /Progressive agenda over either of them.
    Fair enough. We are able to write in names of those we want to give our votes to, and there are folks who vote for cartoon characters, dead people, even space aliens and Jesus. Go for it!

Do you live in a state with typically certain political outcomes to elections so that you can expend your vote gratuitously, or, like in my state, are most elections close? We now have ranked choice voting (via citizen referendum), so the crappy results of minority (plurality) victories has been eliminated. Every vote now matters because we can make multiple selections for each office.

Thanks

I would venture a guess that the member does not understand the meaning of either "progressives" or what the concept of being "woke". Nine out of ten people using these terms in a negative way are learning what they mean from others or sites for which they agree.

Those who have a measured appreciate for liberal democracy aka rule by the people, will understand that during America's history, progress was made in terms of human rights, full participation that is not based on race or gender, and laws that protect these rights to be exercised freely.

Being "woke" is simple and has nothing to do with shaming. It is allowing yourself to be fully informed of the history or others so that you have a truthful and objective viewpoint.

I suggest instead of using YouTube, you become a member of your local public library. This nonsense has to stop.

This is progress.

"A headline in the New York Times today read: “Factory Jobs Are Booming Like It’s the 1970s.” The story explained that more money in the hands of consumers thanks to federal stimulus spending, along with a new skepticism of stretched supply lines, has created a rebound in American manufacturing.

Since the 1970s, authors Jim Tankersley, Alan Rappeport, and Ana Swanson explain, outsourcing and automation have meant that every recession has seen factory jobs disappear and never return as employers used downturns to move operations to countries with lower wage levels. This time, though, American manufacturers have not only regained all the jobs lost during the pandemic, they have also added about 67,000 more. Those numbers would be higher if the labor market weren’t so tight, a condition leading employers to offer higher wages and better benefits.

Biden has made it clear that he is trying to overturn 40 years of “supply side” economics, ushered in by President Ronald Reagan. This system was designed to free up capital at the top of the economy through tax cuts and deregulation in the belief that putting capital in the hands of the wealthy—the “supply side”— would lead them to invest more in the economy, thus making it grow more quickly and providing more jobs. While Republicans came to embrace that ideology wholeheartedly, in fact it never showed signs of increasing economic growth. What it did was to move wealth dramatically upward. It also made the measure of the economy the health of Wall Street rather than Main Street.

Since Abraham Lincoln’s administration, which faced a similar economic stratification and a similar justification for it, another approach to the economy has stood against this ideology. Leaders from Lincoln to Theodore Roosevelt to Franklin Delano Roosevelt have argued that providing opportunity for people at the lower end of the economy—the “demand side”—would drive production and consumption, spreading prosperity upward. Biden has followed in this tradition. Insisting that he would build the economy “from the bottom up and the middle out,” he, along with the Democrats in Congress, bolstered domestic manufacturing with measures like the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the Inflation Reduction Act, and the CHIPS and Science Act.

Now, statistics show, that investment has paid off. Chad Moutray, the chief economist for the National Association of Manufacturers, told the New York Times reporters: ​​“We have 67,000 more workers today than we had in February 2020. I didn’t think we would get there, to be honest with you.”
    https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...m_source=email

If I fault the Democrats, they don't crow enough about the good they are doing. It allows the stagnant, do nothing, and vocal minority to get in front.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; September 27th, 2022 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I would venture a guess that the member does not understand the meaning of either "progressives" or what the concept of being "woke". Nine out of ten people using these terms in a negative way are learning what they mean from others or sites for which they agree.

Those who have a measured appreciate for liberal democracy aka rule by the people, will understand that during America's history, progress was made in terms of human rights, full participation that is not based on race or gender, and laws that protect these rights to be exercised freely.

Being "woke" is simple and has nothing to do with shaming. It is allowing yourself to be fully informed of the history or others so that you have a truthful and objective viewpoint.

I suggest instead of using YouTube, you become a member of your local public library. This nonsense has to stop.

This is progress.

"A headline in the New York Times today read: “Factory Jobs Are Booming Like It’s the 1970s.” The story explained that more money in the hands of consumers thanks to federal stimulus spending, along with a new skepticism of stretched supply lines, has created a rebound in American manufacturing.

Since the 1970s, authors Jim Tankersley, Alan Rappeport, and Ana Swanson explain, outsourcing and automation have meant that every recession has seen factory jobs disappear and never return as employers used downturns to move operations to countries with lower wage levels. This time, though, American manufacturers have not only regained all the jobs lost during the pandemic, they have also added about 67,000 more. Those numbers would be higher if the labor market weren’t so tight, a condition leading employers to offer higher wages and better benefits.

Biden has made it clear that he is trying to overturn 40 years of “supply side” economics, ushered in by President Ronald Reagan. This system was designed to free up capital at the top of the economy through tax cuts and deregulation in the belief that putting capital in the hands of the wealthy—the “supply side”— would lead them to invest more in the economy, thus making it grow more quickly and providing more jobs. While Republicans came to embrace that ideology wholeheartedly, in fact it never showed signs of increasing economic growth. What it did was to move wealth dramatically upward. It also made the measure of the economy the health of Wall Street rather than Main Street.

Since Abraham Lincoln’s administration, which faced a similar economic stratification and a similar justification for it, another approach to the economy has stood against this ideology. Leaders from Lincoln to Theodore Roosevelt to Franklin Delano Roosevelt have argued that providing opportunity for people at the lower end of the economy—the “demand side”—would drive production and consumption, spreading prosperity upward. Biden has followed in this tradition. Insisting that he would build the economy “from the bottom up and the middle out,” he, along with the Democrats in Congress, bolstered domestic manufacturing with measures like the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, the Inflation Reduction Act, and the CHIPS and Science Act.

Now, statistics show, that investment has paid off. Chad Moutray, the chief economist for the National Association of Manufacturers, told the New York Times reporters: ​​“We have 67,000 more workers today than we had in February 2020. I didn’t think we would get there, to be honest with you.”
    https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...m_source=email

If I fault the Democrats, they don't crow enough about the good they are doing. It allows the stagnant, do nothing, and vocal minority to get in front.
    Chuck, please put me back on your "Ignore" list. We were both happier that way......
    I simply do not have the time or energy to keep pointing out the truly unfathomable degree of your stupidity or the utter hypocrisy of your comments.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

Don't want to substantiate your opinion then? Just drive by commenting you are unable to substantiate? Yeah, I'm the disappointing one.
    Lloyd's been here a long time, and seen hundreds of posts by each of us. I've likely seen thousands of yours. Your defense, when someone calls you a dick or no better than the rest of us at our worst moments, is to take offense at others not bothering to present a slew of citations from the past indicating what all of us veterans already know to be true. It's part of your superiority shtick around here: no opinion is valid without an annotated bibliography of references. You have bragged, and demonstrated, on dozens of occasions, how you can be as nasty--if not worse--than other folks here. Are you actually going to assert that this is not true of your many posts here? Are you for real telling Lloyd that he needs to "support" that opinion for you to accept the truth in it?

You yourself told Chuck that you will post what you want when you want. But, what, Lloyd can't do the same when it is to remind you that you are no better than those you criticize?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Q, (the topic here) by the way, has done nothing for this country. I actually consider him/her/them to be an elaborate con sowing discontent, disinformation, and chaos. Any public leader even simply nodding to Q is doing the country and its people a grave disservice. We should see those leaders' names on billboards.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Q-Anon is a conspiracy crazy people on both sides get fixated on. An internet apparition that offers prophesy for the right, and creates a boogeyman side-kick for orange enemy #1.

I don't care how long Lloyd has or hasn't been here. He seems like a nice guy with a lot of questions he should spend his own time researching. He also appears to have a problem identifying partisan information campaigns - and we get this thread and article.

Oh, Lloyd - Is there some reason you still won't answer questions? Do they conflict with your internal narrative? Are your positions so paper-thin that you can't back them up? You know, with evidence and logical reasoning?

Thanks

@dneal raises some good points, but just none that vaguely is of interest.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Here's a partial timeline of crimes and killings perpetrated by Q Anon devotees.

Samples:

On August 12, 2021, a follower of QAnon and a father of two was charged with murdering his two children, a two-year-old son and ten-month-old daughter, with a spearfishing gun in Mexico. The suspect, identified as 40-year-old Matthew Taylor Coleman, fled back to U.S. after the murders and was arrested there. He claimed that he was "enlightened" by QAnon and other alleged delusions that his wife carried and passed on "serpent DNA" to his kids, which compelled Coleman to take them to Mexico and murder them to prevent them from growing into monsters. Coleman is in a Californian prison pending trial for the killings.

≈ ≈ ≈

On September 11th in Walled Lake, Michigan, a QAnon adherent named Igor Lanis shot his wife, one of his two daughters and the family dog following a heated argument. The wife and dog were killed and the daughter was hospitalized. Officers from the Oakland County Sheriff's Office and Walled Lake Police Department shot and killed Lanis after he opened fire on them.[122]

The other daughter, Rebecca Lanis, was out of the house at the time and was not harmed. She told reporters that her father had once been kind but had become rude and unsociable after becoming obsessed with several QAnon-related conspiracy theories following the 2020 presidential election. Lanis posted about her experience to r/QAnonCasualties shortly after the shooting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...nvolving_QAnon
    Last edited by Chip; September 27th, 2022 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Q-Anon is a conspiracy crazy people on both sides get fixated on. An internet apparition that offers prophesy for the right, and creates a boogeyman side-kick for orange enemy #1.

I don't care how long Lloyd has or hasn't been here. He seems like a nice guy with a lot of questions he should spend his own time researching. He also appears to have a problem identifying partisan information campaigns - and we get this thread and article.

Oh, Lloyd - Is there some reason you still won't answer questions? Do they conflict with your internal narrative? Are your positions so paper-thin that you can't back them up? You know, with evidence and logical reasoning?
    I've answered many questions here. I don't see a point to answering YOUR questions at this point.

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

True, don’t waste your time on someone who is not keeping up to date.

Thanks

Are you actually going to assert that this is not true of your many posts here? Are you for real telling Lloyd that he needs to "support" that opinion for you to accept the truth in it?
    I didn't think so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    @dneal raises some good points, but just none that vaguely is of interest.
    I know Chuck. But not everyone finds the political gossip columnists as fascinating as you seem to.