Page 236 of 290 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 5792

Thread: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Thanks

Default Re: What is your latest pen acquisition?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Note View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hogwldfltr View Post
    The fountain pen version; I've had the ball point since the 90s. Actually the notebook as well.

I have a biker friend who would love these. Where did you get them?
    I bought the ball point back in the late 90s at a HD dealership when I lived in Tucson, AZ. I'd totally forgotten about it until about a week ago when I picked up an old journal that I started back them. It was in the pen pocket of the journal (the picture shows the outside of the journal). I looked at the pen and found out it's a Waterman and seemed solidly put together. I decided to see if it has any value and searched eBay. There to my surprise was the fountain pen version (also by Waterman). I made an offer on the buy it now price and the seller accepted it. It came in with ink dried out in it and unable to flow. I spent at least an hour working on it and now it writes pretty well. I don't remember what I paid for the ball point. I paid $20 for the fountain pen with its original packaging. It has a cartridge converter in it. Back in the 90s living in Tucson, I rode a lot. I still have the bike but it doesn't get much use these days. If you search Harley Davidson Pen on eBay you'll find quite a few of them (not with the same design however).
    Thanks for the info, I’ll check out eBay. Either one would make a perfect birthday gift for my Harley buddy.
    Let me know how you make out; good luck!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

A Moonman C1 and an Eversharp "Fifth Avenue".

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

catbert (April 20th, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020), fountainpenkid (May 1st, 2020)

Thanks

Parker Duofold Maxima green, 14K medium nib:

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to usk15 For This Useful Post:

amk (May 2nd, 2020), Blue Note (April 23rd, 2020), carlos.q (April 23rd, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020)

Thanks

Targa by Sheaffer 1001xg, fine 14K nib, around 1976-1980. My first 14K nib.

AR373797_02.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aremesal For This Useful Post:

azkid (April 23rd, 2020), carlos.q (April 23rd, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usk15 View Post
    Parker Duofold Maxima green, 14K medium nib:

An absolutely lovely pen. It looks as if there is a wee bit of flex in that nib. Usually those nibs, in my experience, are quite stiff. Congratulations on a great acquisition.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue Note For This Useful Post:

amk (May 18th, 2020), ThriveToScribe (April 28th, 2020), usk15 (April 25th, 2020)

Thanks

An absolutely lovely pen. It looks as if there is a wee bit of flex in that nib. Usually those nibs, in my experience, are quite stiff. Congratulations on a great acquisition.
    Thank you! There is a bit of flex, but I'm not fancy writer, I'm not going to force it too much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

The GvFC Intuition came yesterday! Still taking it in...the craftsmanship is stunning, and the nib is luscious!

image0.jpeg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fountainpenkid For This Useful Post:

amk (May 18th, 2020), Lady Onogaro (May 16th, 2020)

Thanks

Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian. Broad 18k nib.

The book is the 1881 edition of Western Wilds and the Men Who Redeemed Them by J. H. Beadle. The man on the page is Wild Bill Hickock.

The pen writes beautifully.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

amk (May 18th, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020), Scrawler (May 1st, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    The GvFC Intuition came yesterday! Still taking it in...the craftsmanship is stunning, and the nib is luscious!

image0.jpeg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    That is one gorgeous threesome. Nicely photographed, too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Note For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (May 2nd, 2020)

Thanks

These may arrive next week... I think I'm done for now (my bank account going 'holy s**t stop'...), but hey... I paid my B&H card off, I was semi-responsible...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

amk (May 18th, 2020), Barry B. Gabay (May 2nd, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020), usk15 (May 4th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KBeezie View Post
    These may arrive next week... I think I'm done for now (my bank account going 'holy s**t stop'...), but hey... I paid my B&H card off, I was semi-responsible...

Nice finds! Is that a '30s Duofold blind cap on the Doric?
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    Nice finds! Is that a '30s Duofold blind cap on the Doric?
    I have no clue in regards to the Doric. It might be if that was how they managed to come up with a button filler conversion for the Doric (which I guess is a bit ingenious way to frakenpen it instead of machining it from scratch).

By the way the Wahl Personal Point Gold Seal landed today. Here's a couple pictures (with link to more here : https://imgur.com/a/ICSmfN6 )

Oh, and it's a Broad Flex nib

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KBeezie For This Useful Post:

amk (May 18th, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020), usk15 (May 4th, 2020)

Thanks

The two past weeks have been good for bringing home two grail pens. Two weeks ago it was the Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian with 18k Broad nib.

This week it's a Pelikan M1000 Souveran with 18K Broad. The broad is a borderline double broad, and very wet. I also purchased an additional nib unit with the idea of having a medium/broad italic nib ground by one of the nib meisters.

Comparing the two pens in writing is difficult but I have noticed the M1000 seems to need almost no pressure to write, not that the YOL requires force. Other than that both pens glide. The ink on the nib is KWZ Iron Gall Turquoise.

With these two pens I'm done for a while. But I am hoping to find a vintage ebonite eyedropper with a beautiful flexible nib and then I'll be done again (for a while).
    Attached Images Attached Images

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

amk (May 18th, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020), NobleSixSeven (May 17th, 2020)

Thanks

Hi, it’s hard to figure out which is my favorite out of 850 pens? So here is the most recent purchase - a Stipula. / 30 of 40
    ......any questions just ask.......

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi # 63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE F/P, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado,Genkai Nakaya Decapodl Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain!, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa Fe Style Custom "51" Made by Ralph Prather - president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club

Thanks

Here is a set of pens that I use daily!Adjustments.jpg

Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi # 63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE F/P, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado,Genkai Nakaya Decapodl Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain!, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa Fe Style Custom "51" Made by Ralph Prather - president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Town View Post
    Here is a set of pens that I use daily!Adjustments.jpg

Left to right - Levenger Select, Visconti Silver/Blk Stressman 805, $5.00 China F.P., Visconti Blk. Pentagon F.P., Birmingham Pens, FP., custom made, Conklin Anniversary LE, Visconti Horn with custom nib from Spain, FP, from the uk, can’t remember the name right now

Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Town View Post
    Hi, it’s hard to figure out which is my favorite out of 850 pens? So here is the most recent purchase - a Stipula. / 30 of 40
    ......any questions just ask.......

Adjustments.jpg

This Stipula is a Monte Zuma, from Santa Fe Pens! Neal has more!

Mike

Thanks

The fountain pen version; I've had the ball point since the 90s. Actually the notebook as well.

I have a biker friend who would love these. Where did you get them?
    I bought the ball point back in the late 90s at a HD dealership when I lived in Tucson, AZ. I'd totally forgotten about it until about a week ago when I picked up an old journal that I started back them. It was in the pen pocket of the journal (the picture shows the outside of the journal). I looked at the pen and found out it's a Waterman and seemed solidly put together. I decided to see if it has any value and searched eBay. There to my surprise was the fountain pen version (also by Waterman). I made an offer on the buy it now price and the seller accepted it. It came in with ink dried out in it and unable to flow. I spent at least an hour working on it and now it writes pretty well. I don't remember what I paid for the ball point. I paid $20 for the fountain pen with its original packaging. It has a cartridge converter in it. Back in the 90s living in Tucson, I rode a lot. I still have the bike but it doesn't get much use these days. If you search Harley Davidson Pen on eBay you'll find quite a few of them (not with the same design however).
    Thanks for the info, I’ll check out eBay. Either one would make a perfect birthday gift for my Harley buddy.
    Let me know how you make out; good luck!!!
    FYI, Neal at Santa Fe pens has this set for sale!

Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Apt to post here, as I found it here in the Sales forum (thanks, linkinyeah). This is a limited edition Momento Zero with ruthenium plated nib and hardware. Even with the "Hi there!" Delta-esque orange barrel, the rest of the pen gives off a stealthy aura. A bit hard to capture but this is a quick document. And, as all their pens have been, a really nice writer! #18 of 25 made for Pen Chalet, welcome home.

Last edited by Jon Szanto; May 17th, 2020 at 09:22 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (May 18th, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020), dneal (May 19th, 2020), jodylud (June 5th, 2020), Kaputnik (May 24th, 2020), Lady Onogaro (May 20th, 2020), SchaumburgSwan (May 19th, 2020)

Thanks

Picked these up over the course of the last 6 weeks, newest pen is the Raden M1000

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NobleSixSeven For This Useful Post:

amk (May 18th, 2020), da vinci (May 19th, 2020), Kaputnik (May 24th, 2020), Lady Onogaro (May 20th, 2020)