Thread: WTB OMAS Grand Paragon Arco

Thanks

Default WTB OMAS Grand Paragon Arco

Looking to buy an arco grand paragon OMAS with gold trims.

Please PM me if you're looking to sell yours.

Thanks

Default Re: WTB OMAS Grand Paragon Arco

i have grand arco paragon brown in vermeil trim, complete box mint, 2200$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Thanks, but Im looking for something a little less. Saw one sold by ASC/Stylo on eBay for 1500 new.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NobleSixSeven For This Useful Post:

sgphoto (May 25th, 2020)

Thanks

Just be aware that the ASC/stylo one you saw is not an Omas. I would argue that's not a fair comparison.
    Also, FYI the stylo account is just ASC selling pens on ebay.

Thanks

When I say ASC/Stylo, I am referring to the seller. It is indeed an OMAS Grand Paragon in Vermeil that was sold for $1475.00. Sorry if that was confusing. ASC uses the ebay handle stylomaniak to sell pens on ebay.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 2.43.19 PM.png
    Last edited by NobleSixSeven; May 25th, 2020 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks

They rarely sell on eBay, mostly auction.
    And this is the first time I have seen a manufacturer auctioning their own pens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dhruv View Post
    And this is the first time I have seen a manufacturer auctioning their own pens.
    Guess I'll have to wait it out or wait until pen shows become a thing again :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NobleSixSeven View Post
    Hang on people. We are mixing apples and oranges!
    What NobleSixSeven wants is a genuine Omas Arco Grand Paragon.
    Not one of the sorry, poor quality imitations sold by ASC.

The owner of ASC is able to have someone make for him (he has no production ability, himself) pens using the old stock celluloid he acquired when Omas liquidated its remaining stock. Yes, it is genuine Arco celluloid but that's where the similarities end.

He also sells some of that old Omas stock on eBay under the name of "stylomaniak."

He has done everything he can to blur the distinction(s) between authentic Omas and his ASC productions. It appears to me that this thread reflects exactly the type of confusion he wishes to create.....even among folks who know a good amount about pens there is often a mix-up between a genuine Omas and an ASC "wanna be."

Do not confuse the two! If you do it will:
    1) Cost you more and 2) Result in your acquiring a pen of much less quality

My only advice for NobleSixSeven is to consider, instead, the iconic "old style" Arco Paragon. Produced by Omas from 1991-~2005. IMO, a much better pen.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

NobleSixSeven (May 26th, 2020), sgphoto (May 26th, 2020), silverlifter (May 26th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

The owner of ASC is able to have someone make for him (he has no production ability, himself) pens using the old stock celluloid he acquired when Omas liquidated its remaining stock. Yes, it is genuine Arco celluloid but that's where the similarities end.

He also sells some of that old Omas stock on eBay under the name of "stylomaniak."

He has done everything he can to blur the distinction(s) between authentic Omas and his ASC productions. It appears to me that this thread reflects exactly the type of confusion he wishes to create.....even among folks who know a good amount about pens there is often a mix-up between a genuine Omas and an ASC "wanna be."

My only advice for NobleSixSeven is to consider, instead, the iconic "old style" Arco Paragon. Produced by Omas from 1991-~2005. IMO, a much better pen.
    Seney, thanks for clarifying. Yes I am after the OMAS pen; I have tried the regular size paragons and they do not fit my hand well. I prefer the larger sections of the grand paragon, MB149, M1000, and/or the conid kingsize. I definitely am not interested in buying a ASC pen.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NobleSixSeven For This Useful Post:

724Seney (May 26th, 2020)

Thanks

Seney, thanks for clarifying. Yes I am after the OMAS pen; I have tried the regular size paragons and they do not fit my hand well. I prefer the larger sections of the grand paragon, MB149, M1000, and/or the conid kingsize. I definitely am not interested in buying a ASC pen.
    NobleSixSeven: You might want to consider one of the Morastylos Oldwin Classic FPs in Arco Bronze. A much bigger pen than the old style Omas Arco Paragon. A gorgeous chunk of Arco celluloid and a very simple filling system. It may well meet all your needs, including the pricing. They are hard to find, but not impossible.

Beware of the Oldwin Classics in Arco Verde, though. ASC is producing knock offs of pens these, too. If you want an Oldwin Classic Arco Verde be sure you are getting the real deal!! The ASC pen is more expensive and not as good.

Thanks

I have a Grand Paragon that I may be willing to sell (if CONUS) or trade (for other celluloid pens/models like Oldwin or Tibaldi Impero). PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

You misunderstood me. When I said that they rarely sell on eBay, I meant that ASC rarely sells on eBay, not grand paragon.
    As for the second part, I have never seen a manufacturing company who puts their pens for auction on eBay. Manufactures are supposed to sell at MRP max. Which points to the fact that Asc only cares about money making and not about the quality of their pens.
    I have pointed out multiple problems with their pens, and I have always been told one thing: “Our pens are art pieces.” You can check YouTube comment section for triangolo video for this.
    My problems with ASC:
    1: their 70 piece LE Il Gladiatore had an aluminium feed that suffered from terrible flow issues.
    2. The PVD coating on their aluminium feed came off after just 3 inkings.
    3. Their bologna extra is back heavy, not good balance and not suitable for longer writing sessions.

Thanks

You misunderstood me. When I said that they rarely sell on eBay, I meant that ASC rarely sells on eBay, not grand paragon.
    As for the second part, I have never seen a manufacturing company who puts their pens for auction on eBay. Manufactures are supposed to sell at MRP max. Which points to the fact that Asc only cares about money making and not about the quality of their pens.
    I have pointed out multiple problems with their pens, and I have always been told one thing: “Our pens are art pieces.” You can check YouTube comment section for triangolo video for this.
    My problems with ASC:
    1: their 70 piece LE Il Gladiatore had an aluminium feed that suffered from terrible flow issues.
    2. The PVD coating on their aluminium feed came off after just 3 inkings.
    3. Their bologna extra is back heavy, not good balance and not suitable for longer writing sessions.
    I do not think there was any misunderstanding...........
    Regardless, it is very clear that we are in complete and total agreement about ASC!! And, that is the most important point, in my opinion!
    Last edited by 724Seney; May 27th, 2020 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks

NobleSixSeven: You might want to consider one of the Morastylos Oldwin Classic FPs in Arco Bronze. A much bigger pen than the old style Omas Arco Paragon. A gorgeous chunk of Arco celluloid and a very simple filling system. It may well meet all your needs, including the pricing. They are hard to find, but not impossible.

Beware of the Oldwin Classics in Arco Verde, though. ASC is producing knock offs of pens these, too. If you want an Oldwin Classic Arco Verde be sure you are getting the real deal!! The ASC pen is more expensive and not as good.
    I have posted about buying an arco bronze oldwin months ago as well.