Thread: Pen and related vendors temporarily shutting down for Convid 19

Thanks

Default Re: Pen and related vendors temporarily shutting down for Convid 19

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Bill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFreak View Post
    Yeah, I'm good to explore all that I have. I figure the delivery systems and bigger places need their resources for more important things. The only exceptions I'd make would be to throw support to smaller, independent vendors.

Such as Vanness Pen Co., which is open and currently doing their annual "Mike's Birthday" think with 10% off inks through 11PM tomorrow (11/19). Good people worth supporting (family business).
    Yep, always go to Vanness when I can. They have the best ink inventory around. That, and I've got a world-class crush on Lisa -- she is SO cute!!!

Also, Jet Pens seems to be continuing to operate fully.
    Interesting. I thought San Jose was under "shut down non-essential businrsses" orders.
    I just placed an order. They had a caution on checkout that it might be delayed; otherwise, biz as usual.
    Because I love infinitely-nested comments, I'll add this: as of about a half an hour ago, the entire state is on "stay-at-home" guidelines. My guess is they will stop any more orders at this point.
    Yeah, I just saw that, Jon. Interested to see what happens. I'll let you know here if I get any word from Jet.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,374 Times in 3,982 Posts

Royal Mail is sending items by road rather than air to some European Countries. I had to send something to Italy and was advised that their best service might take 2 - 4 weeks. Fortunately it has arrived safely within 10 days.
    As far as ebay is concerned I've removed all of my for sale listings as I don't want to have to take anything to the Post Office.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 4,656 Times in 1,132 Posts

Laywines and Wonder Pens in Canada have closed their physical stores but are still taking online orders and shipping regularly.
    Likewise Fontoplumo in the Netherlands.

Thanks

Goldspot is shutting down the warehouse on Monday the 23rd and won't be shipping again until its deemed safe to re-open.

Thanks

Nibs dot com will take orders, but no shipping until California lockdown (okay, maybe not exactly a lockdown, but I don't have a better word for it) is over.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm good to explore all that I have. I figure the delivery systems and bigger places need their resources for more important things. The only exceptions I'd make would be to throw support to smaller, independent vendors.

Such as Vanness Pen Co., which is open and currently doing their annual "Mike's Birthday" think with 10% off inks through 11PM tomorrow (11/19). Good people worth supporting (family business).
    Yep, always go to Vanness when I can. They have the best ink inventory around. That, and I've got a world-class crush on Lisa -- she is SO cute!!!

Interesting. I thought San Jose was under "shut down non-essential businrsses" orders.
    I just placed an order. They had a caution on checkout that it might be delayed; otherwise, biz as usual.
    Because I love infinitely-nested comments, I'll add this: as of about a half an hour ago, the entire state is on "stay-at-home" guidelines. My guess is they will stop any more orders at this point.
    Yeah, I just saw that, Jon. Interested to see what happens. I'll let you know here if I get any word from Jet.
    I don't know how, but they shipped the order:

Your order has shipped!

Order Number: 2215...
    Date Ordered: March 19, 2020

Your USPS delivery confirmation number is:

Thanks

I'd buy from Vanness Pens except I can't find a search button on their site. I don't want to go through their site page by page to see if they have what I want. Plus, their site seems wonky.

Or maybe I'm just missing their Search button which is quite possible.
    Last edited by sgphoto; March 20th, 2020 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks

To the right of the "cart" button (top right of screen) is an icon for a magnifying glass. Hit that and see what happens! [was just looking at their site meself]
    "Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?"
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DumDum View Post
    To the right of the "cart" button (top right of screen) is an icon for a magnifying glass. Hit that and see what happens! [was just looking at their site meself]

thanks. I finally found it after going to another browser (Edge). Couldn't get there in Chrome or Brave as it was hidden by a Vanness Pens pop-up.

The site needs a major overhaul. Too busy, too many pop-ups, too much crammed on the landing page, and I wasted too much time just trying to navigate the site because the search button isn't prominently displayed. More like a web site from 1999 than 2020.

It's a shame as I was going to place an order, but I'll go elsewhere now. Thanks just the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

What is my USPS delivery confirmation number?
    --
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post

this post is aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post

Is there a nesting limit before it collapses into a wormhole?
    "Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?"
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Thanks

Looks like the unspoken plan is to try it and see.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post

So far, so good...
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post

So far, so good...
    "Swell." -- Harry Callahan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post

So far, so good...
    oh man it keeps getting better. anybody look on mobile?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post

So far, so good...
    oh man it keeps getting better. anybody look on mobile?
    I can visualise my great nephews some time in the future: "And what did you do during The Great Virus, Auntie?"
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grainweevil For This Useful Post:

Brilliant Bill (March 21st, 2020), Chemyst (March 22nd, 2020), ethernautrix (March 21st, 2020), manoeuver (March 22nd, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Pen vendors temporarily shutting down - Vendors still open

Here's a screenshot of mobile.
    wasting time on tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Pen vendors temporarily shutting down - Vendors still open

Here's a screenshot of mobile.
    eew.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Screenshot of Tab A screen, partial view of "waterfall" nested replies.

Screenshot_20200322-120445_Firefox.jpg

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

Deb (March 22nd, 2020)