Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mystery Ink #36 and #37

Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Ink #36 and #37

What might cause an ink to be wet vs dry if they were used in the same pen, for instance is there something in the ink? And what would make an ink "over saturated", would it be more dye in the ink and is over saturated more of a personal preference? Just asking to try to learn more, I wish there was a website that explained all of this.

I know the main ones that I always look for like bleed through and feathering, I would just like to learn even more. Luckily the noodler inks that I have all work very good on the cheaper, not as friendly paper like TR that I use, and so did 36 which makes me want it even more, who knows I might try to get it for my birthday on 10/11

Thanks
    mreeveshp

Thanks
    Thanked 6,237 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mreeveshp View Post
    What might cause an ink to be wet vs dry if they were used in the same pen, for instance is there something in the ink? And what would make an ink "over saturated", would it be more dye in the ink and is over saturated more of a personal preference? Just asking to try to learn more, I wish there was a website that explained all of this.

I know the main ones that I always look for like bleed through and feathering, I would just like to learn even more. Luckily the noodler inks that I have all work very good on the cheaper, not as friendly paper like TR that I use, and so did 36 which makes me want it even more, who knows I might try to get it for my birthday on 10/11

Thanks
    mreeveshp
    Why not post this in the General Inky Goodness as a new thread?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 26th, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mreeveshp View Post

Thanks
    mreeveshp
    Why not post this in the General Inky Goodness as a new thread?
    Good idea, sorry I didn't think about that

Thanks
    mreeveshp

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mreeveshp For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (September 26th, 2021)

Thanks

If anyone is still looking here, I used the Noodlers Squeteague (Mystery Ink 36) again just now. My subjective comments may have been a little unfair to it. For some reason it does not now appear to me that it is quite as dark as when I used it in the test. I can distinguish it readily from black. That said, my preference is still for lighter and brighter inks.

David

7. The Following User Says Thank You to david-p For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (September 28th, 2021)