Thread: Bad experience with seller "Iruciperi" aka Hanim kang

Thanks

Default Re: Bad experience with seller "Iruciperi" aka Hanim kang

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Anyways here's the Saudi Post address any one who's intrested to check

https://sp.com.sa/en/Electronic/Page...=CC803602854FR
    "No data matches entered tracking number(s)"

Also you can call on the number provided on this website or the one provided by international tracking website "aftership" displaying result of this tracking number and phone number they provided for Saudi post.
    Not sure who here will be so interested as to try phoning, really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post

"No data matches entered tracking number(s)"

Also you can call on the number provided on this website or the one provided by international tracking website "aftership" displaying result of this tracking number and phone number they provided for Saudi post.
    Not sure who here will be so interested as to try phoning, really.
    I know but the ones who are indirectly trying to say that buyer might be lying more than french post., before they blame me I want them to check the tracking number on website and call the Saudi Post to know the status and then come back and blame me. I admitted my mistakes to go out of my usual way to get something I wanted badly i.e despite my reluctance, compromising on registered mail even after pushing the seller to ship through DHL and for reducing the price.
    But the fact is I didn't get the pen and those who say otherwise should first confirm it through the link and phone number.
    The only thing which I might require from the seller is the letter to make an attempt yet again to ask about the tracking which according to Saudi post never entered the Saudi boundries
    Though it should be seller asking the french post to officially correspond with Saudi post and ask where the item is? If Saudi post answers to their letter I can use that answer as a proof here to locate where did the pen actually go.
    Because if Saudi post gives something in writing about the pen being delivered I can easily challege that.

Sent from my HRY-LX1MEB using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jaws; June 25th, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks

From what i can see, and from my own experience of weird goings on with couriers, i think you should be contacting Saudi post and explaining that you still haven't received your delivery despite what their systems might be saying.

Thanks

As a Canadian, I get annoyed when sellers here refuse to sell outside the Continental US. This thread however is the perfect example of why that is.

I don't see any scam here, buyer let his nards do the thinking for him on this deal, agreed to shipping he didn't want and then agreed to insure the package for a fraction of its worth. Seller offers him a half refund which he's under no obligation to do. Buyer is whining about the seller's poor communication, yet launched a Paypal claim without giving any notice to the seller, then is surprised the seller actually has the documentation to refute the claim?

I think it's a case of "ya spinz da wheel, ya takes ya chances", or rather "stupid is as stupid does".

Sorry for buyer's loss but I don't see this deal going bad as the vendor's fault.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (July 5th, 2019), fountainpagan (June 25th, 2019), Jon Szanto (June 25th, 2019), NibsForScript (June 26th, 2019), taylorwfu (June 25th, 2019)

Thanks

@wade, my thoughts exactly. I’ve had one sale where I shipped internationally (different forum), and while it went well, I was nervous the whole time. I over-insured it at my own expense just in case. It seems crazy that in 2019, with tracking updated and followed worldwide every few hours, things still get lost or mishandled, but indeed they do.

Thanks

Hmm, I am a Finn and I have received more than 600 packages through ebay deals and sent about a hundred via Finnish post office. Countries include (frequent) Philippines, China, US, UK, Germany, Russia, Sweden, Japan and (less frequent) Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Croatia, Israel, Serbia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, Canada. I have never lost anything and always obtained what I bought. Besides pens, this has included old coins, dead insects, pottery and HO size hand-made model trains.
    There is, however, one glaring exception. Of the about 10 US mail packages that have been sent to me from US to US three took more than a month to arrive and one was sitting at some kind of New York post office hub for three weeks before it was delivered to Upper West Side.
    As to tracking numbers, they are not always simple. A package may come to another country with the number you got and then be forwarded to the local address by another company (DHL, UPS etc) and then the original one will not work and it appears as the sending would have "vanished" although the new firm introduced a new code. The state post offices frequently uses private companies for this kind of service. It is like sending a post card from Madeira Islands (or Canaries, I do not recall now) - the stamp is a Swiss one!

Thanks

It seems to e the seller has done all it has to be done, Jaws - even more, since he offered to refund you half. Highly generous of him!

I see from the different photos you have shown that the problem seems to be in Saudi Arabia. 2 sites show the parcel has arrived to Saudi Arabia, only the Saudi Arabia's Post says iy hasn't.

Here a link to the French's Post site, if it can help your claim with your side of postal services. As you can see, the parcel has entered Saudi Arabia. You shoud do a screen capture of it.

https://www.laposte.fr/outils/suivre-vos-envois

This thread should be entitled: bad experience with Saudi Arabia's Post, actually.
    Last edited by fountainpagan; June 26th, 2019 at 12:36 AM. Reason: to correct a word

Thanks

@Wade, when I sold my collection of MB Limited Edition inks, I have numerous of them to the US, always with the French POst. Never had a problem. I receive many parcels from the US, too, and all have arrived to me with no trouble whatsoever.

I have been buying on the internet, for many years now, and only 3 parcels did not arrive to me - I cannot couunt the number of things I have bought over the years because, it was lot - but the seller immediatelly refunded me.

Thanks

I can't individually reply everyone as I'm an expat doctor working in saudi Arabia and preparing for a licencing exam.
    During may and early June I visited Saudi post branch of my district with these screen shots of colissimo (LA poste) traking and initial pic of receipt and what not, their response was that it never entered Saudi arabia at all. The central post people said the same thing. They also said that the person who sent you this post, has to raise the issue with French post who are officially going to correspond with us and will proceed like that (the office is more than 30km from where I live and traffic on week days is pretty heavy).
    That's why I asked the seller to raise issue with French post and ask them for any proof about the delivery.
    I have asked about this letter again in my last post but as yet seller didn't sent me this confirmation delivery letter. As I know he won't bother to open the case again with French post as he got the decision in his favour. This my experience what I shared here. Only thing now I can do is that if I get the letter I will try again. And to a member saying that some countries use private post for delivery like DHL etc instead of the postal system in that country well I got many registered tracked mails through Saudi post from uk, us(many times) Belgium Germany and France. And usually the tracking on Saudi post is flawless. It takes 2 days usually to update after delivery and then it's Smooth. I use their app and all the previous mails tracking, I picked from their office are stored against my resident card number(called iqama here). This is the first time when nothing updated and I brought this in the notice of seller immediately.
    I hope I will receive the confirmation delivery letter from seller. As I will reply once after few days from now onwards. Already quite distracted I will get back to my studies for exam.

Last edited by Jaws; June 27th, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks

I have nothing to offer on the ongoing dispute so I won't comment on it.

There's been at least one other similar thread on FPGeeks in the last month so I'm trying to figure out the best practices for buying and selling pens. Here are some observations…

1) Only deal with people with established histories. Not everyone will have a long sales history, but longstanding and well known members of our community are less likely to have problems.
    2) Don't compromise on shipping. Always declare the actual value on customs labels and insure the pen accordingly.
    3) Tracked shipping isn't perfect but should still be used.
    4) Document everything. Ideally take a picture of you sealing the package in the post office, showing the correct address, and with the post master. This may be overkill.
    5) Ship quickly. Don't list a pen if you aren't able to ship it within 24 hours.
    6) Communicate. Let people know when you ship or receive a package, etc.
    7) Don't use cash, PayPal's friends and family payments, or similar options. PayPal and most credit cards allow you to dispute fraudulent transactions. Only use cash if you're dealing with someone in person.
    8) Mistakes happen. While very rare, shipping companies will lose some packages. This is why #'s 2, 3, and 6 above are so important. When mistakes happen, don't get angry and work out a fair solution.

What have I missed?

This probably should have its own thread and be a sticky in the classified sections.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (June 26th, 2019), Jaws (June 26th, 2019), silverlifter (June 26th, 2019), SIR (June 27th, 2019), Wade (June 26th, 2019)

Thanks

I can't individually reply everyone as I'm an expat doctor working in saudi Arabia and preparing for a licencing exam.
    During may and early June I visited Saudi post branch of my district with these screen shots of colissimo (LA poste) traking and initial pic of receipt and what not, their response was that it never entered Saudi arabia at all. The central post people said the same thing. They also said that the person who sent you this post, has to raise the issue with French post who are officially going to correspond with us and will proceed like that (the office is more than 30km from where I live and traffic on week days is pretty heavy).
    That's why I asked the seller to raise issue with French post and ask them for any proof about the delivery.
    I have asked about this letter again in my last post but as yet seller didn't sent me this confirmation delivery letter. As I know he won't bother to open the case again with French post as he got the decision in his favour. This my experience what I shared here. Only thing now I can do is that if I get the letter I will try again. And to a member saying that some countries use private post for delivery like DHL etc instead of the postal system in that country well I got many registered tracked mails through Saudi post from uk, us(many times) Belgium Germany and France. And usually the tracking on Saudi post is flawless. It takes 2 days usually to update after delivery and then it's Smooth. I use their app and all the previous mails tracking, I picked from their office are stored against my resident card number(called iqama here). This SAS the first time when nothing updated and I brought this under the notice of seller immediately.
    I hope I will receive the confirmation delivery letter from seller. As I will reply once in few days now. Already quite distracted I will get back to my studies for exam.

The letter is on the reply in this thread. Let me know if you can't download it. I will send you the letter for confirmation of opening the case, and the letter for confirmation of delivery.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iruciperi View Post
    I have asked about this letter again in my last post but as yet seller didn't sent me this confirmation delivery letter. As I know he won't bother to open the case again with French post as he got the decision in his favour. This my experience what I shared here. Only thing now I can do is that if I get the letter I will try again. And to a member saying that some countries use private post for delivery like DHL etc instead of the postal system in that country well I got many registered tracked mails through Saudi post from uk, us(many times) Belgium Germany and France. And usually the tracking on Saudi post is flawless. It takes 2 days usually to update after delivery and then it's Smooth. I use their app and all the previous mails tracking, I picked from their office are stored against my resident card number(called iqama here). This SAS the first time when nothing updated and I brought this under the notice of seller immediately.
    I hope I will receive the confirmation delivery letter from seller. As I will reply once in few days now. Already quite distracted I will get back to my studies for exam.

The letter is on the reply in this thread. Let me know if you can't download it. I will send you the letter for confirmation of opening the case, and the letter for confirmation of delivery.
    I can see the letter but it's the One with blinded/hidden text on upper left side. Kindly send me the original letter clear and legible. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Can you guys just take this to email or something and stop cluttering up the forum with your personal business transactions? We got the idea of what is going on a long while back...
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

AzJon (June 26th, 2019), BlkWhiteFilmPix (June 26th, 2019), taylorwfu (June 26th, 2019), Wade (June 26th, 2019)

Thanks

Declare actual pen value and pay for insurance accordingly.

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Bad experience with seller "Iruciperi" aka Hanim kang

We know that in the current business and economy climate employees are under pressure and getting squeezed by their companies' competitive demands,

so although each case is individual and there are a few/some/many bad delivery people, there are also genuine difficulties in handling processes, finding correct addresses, and delivering securely to the intended recipient.

This particular case seems to be clearly the responsibility of the final delivery agent, and the recipient should direct their complaint to them as such.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,814 Times in 1,426 Posts

I'm an amateur pen seller since more than 10 years on several pen boards. I sold and sent quite a lot pens in this time.
    And yes, I lost a couple of them too, but not many.
    I would not say that the one or other party is lying. I believe that hings like these just happens, and if someone don't want to take the risk of loss one should be sure that the parcel is appropriate insured.
    In this case, the buyer decided to accept registered mail only and a declaration at low value. So he took the risk.
    I can't see any fault on the side of the seller. He took exemplary care of this case and made a generous offer.
    If I were the buyer, I would accept.
    In case of risk, loss must be expected. But that's just me...
    C.

PS: If I were the seller, I would insist that the title of this thread is changed since in my humble opinion it's wrong.
    Last edited by christof; July 4th, 2019 at 03:46 AM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christof For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (July 4th, 2019), FredRydr (July 4th, 2019), iruciperi (July 4th, 2019), silverlifter (July 4th, 2019)

Thanks

I have several rules I stick by with pens and life:

Only trade with folks where you can look them in the eye, know where they live so that you can rock up and demand money or the pen.
    Always pay with Paypal. Always.
    Never mess with the value on the customs form. If you don't want to pay the tax, don't buy the pen.
    Always send tracked.
    Never ever ever drink gin after red wine.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (July 4th, 2019), Pendragon (July 15th, 2019), WabiSabi (July 18th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christof View Post
    I'm an amateur pen seller since more than 10 years on several pen boards. I sold and sent quite a lot pens in this time.
    And yes, I lost a couple of them too, but not many.
    I would not say that the one or other party is lying. I believe that hings like these just happens, and if someone don't want to take the risk of loss one should be sure that the parcel is appropriate insured.
    In this case, the buyer decided to accept registered mail only and a declaration at low value. So he took the risk.
    I can't see any fault on the side of the seller. He took exemplary care of this case and made a generous offer.
    If I were the buyer, I would accept.
    In case of risk, loss must be expected. But that's just me...
    C.

PS: If I were the seller, I would insist that the title of this thread is changed since in my humble opinion it's wrong.
    Thanks christof. Yes, this thread itself keeps ruining my reputation. Even by the posts saying the seller did nothing wrong, the thread is bumped and it shows the title telling my name with negative words at the top of the board. It's serious.

That's why I aggressively defended myself right after this thread was opened. I hope the OP to do so, but I think it's impossible as he marked it as SOLD. Even OP cannot edit a thread marked as sold.
    Last edited by iruciperi; July 4th, 2019 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iruciperi View Post
    Thanks christof. Yes, this thread itself keeps ruining my reputation. Even by the posts saying the seller did nothing wrong, the thread is bumped and it shows the title telling my name with negative words at the top of the board. It's serious.

That's why I aggressively defended myself right after this thread was opened. I hope the OP to do so, but I think it's impossible as he marked it as SOLD. Even OP cannot edit a thread marked as sold.
    FYI: Thread tools currently allow the following (based on my experience):

The OP may choose to "Mark this thread as unsold..." which would allow him/her to edit or delete his posts and others to edit or delete their posts.
    The OP may only edit his/her original initial post; he/she cannot delete it.
    The OP may edit his/her title, but that will not change the title as it appears in the forum list. (There is a short grace period for title change after the initial post, but that doesn't help you.)

When a thread is marked SOLD, normally no additional posts can be added unless it is marked "unsold," but additional posts are continuing in this thread. My conclusion is that Eric, the reclusive site owner, intervened in some fashion to enable additional posts despite the SOLD status.

If the OP won't edit or delete to your satisfaction, your only recourse is to ask Eric to delete or edit the thread. Only Eric can edit the title as it appears in the forum's thread list.

Corrections to the foregoing welcome. I hope iruciperi is granted relief from this unfortunate thread.
    Last edited by FredRydr; July 4th, 2019 at 04:10 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (July 5th, 2019), dfo (July 5th, 2019), iruciperi (July 4th, 2019), Wade (July 4th, 2019)

Thanks

Jaws:
    I think it is common sense that once you ask the shipper to undervalue/underdeclare, you assume all responsibility of loss or damage in transit. So as such the shipper is/was under no obligation to issue you a refund of over the declared value ($100). And since the package was delivered and a letter stating the same was issued by French post to the shipper, he is not supposed to refund even $100.

So for next time you decide to ask for something like this, please know that shipper is not responsible in case the package is not delivered. That responsibility is your if you have asked to undervalue. I have had a package which was lost and undervalued. Took the declared amount back from the shipper and didn't bother him any further.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhruv For This Useful Post:

Pendragon (July 15th, 2019)