Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of conspiracy theories...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Default Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories...

Says the guy with the Hunter Biden obsession. . .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Says the guy with the Hunter Biden obsession. . .
    It's pretty impressive how much you rolled up in that one sentence - although I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

You got the strawman covered by misrepresenting my position, but that's understandable with your seeming love of projection.
    There's the mediocre attempt at ad hominem.
    There's the Red Herring, deflecting from the topic because you apparently have no better response.
    There's the multiple layers of hypocrisy - Claims to not like snarky comments but regularly makes them and complains about deflection (and you even deflected with Hunter! Well done!)
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 638 Posts

dneal, I assume your saying that the extra TV coverage is being used to make the public ignore the real-time issues... economy, inability to reduce violence, food shortages, etc..

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

Nice to know I can pack so much aggravation into a single sentence.

You're such a big, fat target.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Nice to know I can pack so much aggravation into a single sentence.

You're such a big, fat target.
    Why would I find a clown aggravating?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    dneal, I assume your saying that the extra TV coverage is being used to make the public ignore the real-time issues... economy, inability to reduce violence, food shortages, etc..

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    Not exactly. It does seem to be used in an attempt to distract, but it's only effective with the rabid anti-Trump folks. The opposite is true, which Chuck points out, that it reinforces the pro-Trump folks also.

I'm pointing out that the independents don't care about Jan 6 as much as they do inflation. They also see the hypocrisy of Democrats' position on a summer of rioting and looting (causing Portlandians, etc... to become first time gun owners, btw), compared to claims of "insurrection".

People had enough of obnoxious tweets, to be sure; but they'll take that over baby-formula shortages.

Curiously, Bernie is the only progressive with any sense right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Sanders
    You really can’t win an election with a bumper sticker that says: ‘Well, we can’t do much, but the other side is worse,’

Thanks

i consider myself a decent person, but I have said and done some pretty dumb things. Not being in public service, my stupidities have a local effect. I see Biden this way except he does have a broad influence. However, he is preferable to Donald Trump all day long.

The problem with the electorate is people do not self educate. They will not listen to the hearings, get a subscription to a news paper, or invest in investigative reporting. They will not access public, free libraries to read books. Essentially we are a lazy society. We fill our minds with Tucker Carlson or what Phil Michelson thinks of the PGA. It is insanity with significant consequences if Trump is ever allowed to hold public office again.

If you would vote for an individual who would support killing Mike Pence to win an election, you are without excuse when it comes back to bite you in the rear. The next election could be your last.

Thanks

Chuck, do you not see that you do the very thing you criticize?

Did you listen to the election hearings in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Wisconsin?

Did you listen to the Steve Bannon interview with PBS?

Do you fill your mind with one side of the news narrative (e.g.: New York Times) and refuse to listen to the other?

For every person you think is brainwashed by Tucker, there is another brainwashed by Rachel Maddow. Well, that's not exactly true since Tucker has ratings exponentially greater than Maddow.

Thanks

Why would I know what Bannon does/says had I not read and listened? Put you thinking cap on, @dneal. Please attempt to post without a whataboutthis. I am not the topic. I thought we were discussing Bannon.

What Bannon does is well known. He looks for a way to separate and stir up dissatisfaction. If you know white males feel threatened and you can sooth them by stirring some sh#$, you get some followers. He needs ratings. I've been following Trump and Bannon since 2015. How about you? I know you are here to stir it as well. I also know you don't vote, so why are you even posting?

Thanks

Chuck, you have created a world full of boogeymen. Bannon, Tucker, white males, etc...

When I point out your doublethink to you, it triggers cognitive dissonance resulting in your hyperbolic nonsense posting.

doublethink - The power to hold two completely contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accept both of them.

See also:

blackwhite- The ability to accept whatever "truth" the party puts out, no matter how absurd it may be. Orwell described it as "...loyal willingness to say black is white when party discipline demands this. It also means the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know black is white, and forget that one has ever believed the contrary."

Thanks

@dneal, this will be a bruising of your ego, but in all of our interactions, the idea that you are broadly educated or aware, never enters my mind. Not that you are dumb, you’re ideas and synopsis’ are predictable and dull considering the available information to the contrary.

No, Bannon at al are exactly what I said they are. Do you have no idea of this history? He’s a rebel looking for a cause. He found one.

Mary Trump, John Bolton, and Bob Woodward provided enough information for even a Trumpian to know who Donald Trump is and why he is a threat.

So, your words fall on deaf ears. I’ve read too much and heard to much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (June 11th, 2022)

Thanks

Chuck, I'm well aware my words fall on your deaf ears. You don't realize it's because your head is in an echo-chamber. Sometimes I get a chuckle out of your confusion when I plink rocks off of it.

Among the plethora of things you get wrong - I'm not the one with the ego to bruise. I also don't worry about who "ignores" me or who doesn't. Your projection simply confesses your own insecurities.

Thanks

I realize attacking anyone that disagrees with you is all you have. I’ve said what needed to be said. My suggestion is to read more broadly and decide to vote .

Thanks

I realize attacking anyone that disagrees with you is all you have. I’ve said what needed to be said. My suggestion is to read more broadly and decide to vote .

I’m obviously not ignoring you….lol!

Thanks

I realize attacking anyone that disagrees with you is all you have.
    You're still projecting.

Thanks

Okay….😂😂

Thanks

Interesting that Trumps daughter and husband had other fish to fry, or that’s what’s coming out. That’s a kick in the butt for all those insurrectionists. None of the Trump family showed. Did Bannon show? How come we are not hearing about Flynn? He there somewhere.

Thanks

Regarding Bannon and Trump…
    “Green reminds us that it wasn’t long ago that both men were looked at as political jokes, and not even bad ones. When Ivanka Trump told Rupert Murdoch over lunch that her father intended to run for president, the media baron replied, without even looking up from his soup: “He’s not running for president.”
    As for Bannon, when Green first met him in 2011 he came across as a “political grifter seeking to profit from the latest trend.” Later, as Bannon took the reins of the Trump campaign, he was seen by Beltway Republicans as “an Internet-era update of the Slim Pickens character in ‘Dr. Strangelove’ who rides the bomb like a rodeo bull, whoopin’ and hollerin’ all the way to nuclear annihilation.”

Thanks

Robo-Barbie Strikes Back!

Donald Trump Throws Predictable Shit Fit After Ivanka Throws Him Under the Bus
    The former first daughter should probably consider the witness protection program.

By Bess Levin
    June 10, 2022

For the entirety of her 40 years on earth, Ivanka Trump has had the dubious honor of being Donald Trump’s favorite child. And while it’s difficult to imagine her doing literally anything that would result in Don Jr. or Eric moving up in the ranks, on Thursday evening she came extremely close when the January 6 committee aired a portion of her April testimony in which the former first daughter said she knew there was no evidence that her father had won 2020 election, i.e., the lie he’s maintained for approximately 19 months now.

Not surprisingly the ex-president didn’t take kindly to being thrown under the bus by his own flesh and blood, and on Friday morning, fired up the internet to inform his followers that his eldest daughter doesn’t know what the hell she’s talking about.

Ivanka, of course, stood by her father as he pushed his election lies—as other members of the administration resigned in protest—so she shouldn’t actually receive any credit for only now admitting something that half the country already knew. But the fact that she did, to the January 6 committee, obviously makes her father look even worse than he already did—and clearly, he knows it.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...lection-claims
    Last edited by Chip; June 11th, 2022 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Why would I know what Bannon does/says had I not read and listened? Put you thinking cap on, @dneal. Please attempt to post without a whataboutthis. I am not the topic. I thought we were discussing Bannon.

What Bannon does is well known. He looks for a way to separate and stir up dissatisfaction. If you know white males feel threatened and you can sooth them by stirring some sh#$, you get some followers. He needs ratings. I've been following Trump and Bannon since 2015. How about you? I know you are here to stir it as well. I also know you don't vote, so why are you even posting?
    Bannon is a dirt-ball, slime-bucket grifter. He is gross to listen to. That he occasionally has had intelligent or insightful opinions is beside the fucking point of over-all assessment: he helped the worst fucking presidential character in 100 years win an election. He's twice been arrested for his political operations (once while partying on a Chinese billionaire's yacht), once pardoned. Now he is on the hook for contemp of Congress (failure to honor a subpoena). He called for Fauci's beheading. He is another gross pig of a man in politics.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (June 11th, 2022)