Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump 2024 thread...

Thanks

Default Re: The Trump 2024 thread...

How many times would it take to change your mind? Maybe if Trump told you, you might reconsider your folly…

Thanks
    Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,329 Posts

Yes, yes... everyone is a "Trumpian". Even the guy from Slovenia.

And that's from the guy who cites what HRC told him to think. Hey, I think Chuck's stealing my schtick again...

Pitiful.

In other news, now that Trump is looking at having to sell property to pay Letitia James, Mar A Lago is suddenly worth more than the tax appraisal Judge Engoron ruled was its value - and why Trump committed that supposed "fraud" using it as collateral for a loan that got paid back with interest.

Also, there's this. Trump might not have any problem paying his fine after all...

USA Today, 22 Mar 2024: Trump's Truth Social set to go public after winning merger vote.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump came a step closer on Friday to reaping a major windfall from his social media firm after investors in a blank-check acquisition company approved a tie-up currently worth about $6 billion.

The deal values Trump's majority stake in the company that holds his app Truth Social at about $3.6 billion. The windfall could prove vital as Trump grapples with the financial fallout of a string of legal cases against him, including a $454 million judgment in a civil fraud case in New York.

Shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp, the SPAC that plans to list Trump Media & Technology Group on the stock market through a merger, voted in favor of the deal on Friday.
    Hopefully it goes through (I bet they sic Elizabeth Warren or Bernie on him). The Schadenfreude will be delicious.
    Last edited by dneal; March 23rd, 2024 at 01:58 PM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

"What would you say to those who "cling" to the Bible who are able to tell you how it relates to current events? " asked kazoolaw

"I would be interested in learning how you find the Bible relates to current events." said Chuck, choosing not to answer the question.

"Well, how about applying the list of 10 items.
    Maybe love your neighbor as yourself?
    Considering, and then giving the things of God to God?
    Bearing witness to Jesus.
    These are not obsolete concepts.
    Need more? Read the Bible; I”m always willing to share more," said kazoolaw, giving Chuck the benefit of the doubt that his interest was sincere.

"Do you think they are applying those ten items, and if so, provide examples." said Chuck, not disagreeing with the preceding answer.

"Yes, by
    -enjoying and respecting their parents, caring for them as they age, and including them in close multi-generational families.
    -not simply not killing but cherishing life: the poor, disabled, broken families, homeless.
    -focusing on faithfulness in lengthy marriages.
    -remaining faithful to God in the current age.
    -being truthful at a personal cost." explained kazoolaw.

"...Bible Clingers..."
    "...Bible Clingers..."
    "...Bible Clingers..." Chuck vainly repeated, swerving off topic, totally ignoring the response to the question he asked. And never explaining who these people are.

"Did Jesus become politically entangled by supporting Herod? Rome? Greek culture", the Pharisees", the Essenes? " Chuck said. It did not occur to him that his question indicted the use of Democrat talking points. Chuck read past the allusion to Matthew 22:21.

"How many Christian gatherings have you become affiliated with who actually intend to make disciples of Jesus and teach them to do what he prescribed for living well? To have enough experience to be able witness? It is one thing to know what he said and another to do what he said. " concluded Chuck. It is difficult to put this in context of Chuck's political statements. It is vague, but consistent with a dissatisfaction with the Christians he associates with.

"You should move on from being around those you describe in your final paragraph. Become part of a fellowship intent on sharing salvation through Jesus, and discipling/mentoring to grow in faith. " Taking the latter meaning, kazoolaw encouraged Chuck to find a group that supplies that which Chuck identifies he misses.

The question of how the Bible relates to current events was plainly answered, along with illustrations.

Chuck has chosen to adopt the vocabulary of Democrats and their practice of demeaning those they view as opponents. He has chosen political expediency, and chosen entanglement in politics He ignored, or read over, the allusion to Matthew 22:21, above. Similarly, see Joshua 24:15. That choice now is Chuck's.

Thanks

You could have saved yourself much time by just admitting you aren’t familiar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    This is Chuck admitting that, pro-Dem as he is, he still can’t explain who a “Bible Clinger” is.

Thanks

There you go again. If you cannot answer a question, you fabricate what someone who can, means. It's a tired approach, but I am sure it will continue, and you will also continue to prefer not to answer.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

Post 963.
    Again, and again and….

Thanks

I hear that Trump is selling Bibles to raise money. It wouldn't surprise me if he changed every instance of the words Jesus and Christ to Donald and Trump. It would be in keeping with his ego.
    Last edited by Warbler; March 27th, 2024 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    I hear that Trump is selling Bibles to raise money. It wouldn't surprise me if changed every instance of the words Jesus and Christ to Donald and Trump. It would be in keeping with his ego.
    And you actually wonder why we maintain you have a bad case of TDS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    This is Chuck admitting that, pro-Dem as he is, he still can’t explain who a “Bible Clinger” is.
    There you go again. If you cannot answer a question, you fabricate what someone who can, means. It's a tired approach, but I am sure it will continue, and you will also continue to prefer not to answer.
    Last call-
    Chuck, please provide your definition of “Bible Clinger” with specific examples.

Thanks

Selling Bibles, https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/26/trum...m_medium=email

“It’s my favorite book. It’s a lot of people’s favorite book,”

This goes to the discussion of Bible Clinging. It is my favorite book, but I make no attempt to either read it or actually do what it says. From Matthew 7, "what matters is serious obedience, doing what my Father wills". Later he said about those who didn't take his words seriously but cast out demons, preached the message and even worked in God sponsored projects, "depart from me, I never knew you". Better to do than cling.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; March 27th, 2024 at 05:02 AM.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

"Former President Donald J. Trump has spent more than $100 million since leaving office, on lawyers and other costs related to fending off various investigations, indictments and his coming criminal trials, according to a New York Times review of federal records.

The remarkable sum means that Mr. Trump has averaged more than $90,000 a day in legal-related costs for more than three years — none of it paid for with his own money.

Instead, the former president has relied almost entirely on donations made in an attempt to fight the results of the 2020 election."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...egal-fund.html

Thanks

Last call-
    Chuck, please provide your definition of “Bible Clinger” with specific examples.
    "I prefer not to answer"

Thanks

Every now and then you get some good news that perhaps not everyone is taken in by Trump.

"Ms. McDaniel’s appointment, announced with fanfare on Friday, was immediately criticized by reporters at the network and viewers on social media. Fans of MSNBC, NBC’s left-leaning cable arm, were particularly outraged, citing Ms. McDaniel’s leadership of the Republican Party under former President Donald J. Trump and her handling of his false claims that the 2020 election was rigged.

“After listening to the legitimate concerns of many of you, I have decided that Ronna McDaniel will not be an NBC News contributor,” Cesar Conde, the chairman of the NBCUniversal News Group, wrote in a staff memo on Tuesday.

“No organization, particularly a newsroom, can succeed unless it is cohesive and aligned,” Mr. Conde continued. “Over the last few days, it has become clear that this appointment undermines that goal.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/26/b...nbc-msnbc.html

Thanks

Last call-
    "I prefer not to answer"
    ”Ah Bartleby! Ah humanity!”

Thanks

Thus, the quotation marks.

Thanks

And, like Bartleby, your argument dies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    I hear that Trump is selling Bibles to raise money. It wouldn't surprise me if he changed every instance of the words Jesus and Christ to Donald and Trump. It would be in keeping with his ego.
    Oh, I don’t wonder that.

Thanks

Oh, I don’t wonder that.
    Well, I'll give you credit for owning up and admitting to it.
    The other Stooges vehemently deny their disability.

Thanks

Oh, I don’t wonder that.
    Well, I'll give you credit for owning up and admitting to it.
    The other Stooges vehemently deny their disability.
    I’ve admitted no disability.