Thread: Rocker blotters

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,443 Times in 2,523 Posts

Default Rocker blotters

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I want a rocker blotter and have been looking at some but haven't bought one yet
    I used to collect rocker blotters, but like pens, I've pared down the collection.

There is a company that makes new wooden rocker blotters, but they are small and the bottom surface is too convex and short for anything more than a short signature. I've found that antiques are better sized for real use. I suggest a minimum bottom blotting surface of 2x6in/5x15cm. Another aspect that is often overlooked is how it fits in the hand. Little knobs are uncomfortable. My favorite rocker blotter that stays on my desk has a round wooden knob that's 1 1/2inches across.

Good traveler - comes apart to be flat, but knob too small for regular use.

rockerblotter.jpeg

Cool set from Sheaffer. Nice heft and knob size.

IMG_4627.jpeg

My personal favorite. Not fancy but comfortable to grasp and rock. Not too heavy.

IMG_0885.jpeg

I saw this antique German BIG rocker blotter in a flea market and was tempted, but as practical as it might be for dealing with major blotting tasks, it was too industrial looking for me. Nice knob, though.

IMG_4792.jpeg

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...er-blotter-set
    Last edited by FredRydr; December 1st, 2020 at 01:47 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Baisao (December 4th, 2020), Chrissy (December 1st, 2020), Detman101 (March 11th, 2021), Jon Szanto (December 1st, 2020), NibsForScript (December 13th, 2020), penwash (December 2nd, 2020), Yazeh (March 2nd, 2021)